Infrared Thermography and Image Analysis of Dynamic Processes around the Facial Area
- 19 Downloads
This paper describes the principles of visualization and analysis of thermal fields generated by different physiological processes around the facial area and in the environment. The dynamics of these fields was studied and their possible application for quantitative evaluation of psychophysical parameters is analyzed using infrared thermography with high spatial and temporal resolution. A software module has been developed and tested for combining infrared and visible camera images. A technique was proposed for complex recording and analysis of central and peripheral nervous activities using a thermal camera that captures three types of temperature fields that vary with time around the facial area: exhaled gas flows, cutaneous blood circulation, and sweat gland activity.
Keywordsinfrared thermography physiological parameters image processing pattern recognition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.A. V. Scripal’, A. A. Sagaidachnyi, and D. A. Usanov, IR Biomedical Diagnostics: Manual (Saratov, 2009).Google Scholar
- 4.NIST Chemistry WebBook, NIST Standard Reference Database Number 69, Ed. by P. J. Linstrom and W. G. Mallard (National Inst. of Standards and Technology). doi 10.18434/T4D303Google Scholar
- 5.https://opencv.org.Google Scholar
- 6.http://dlib.net.Google Scholar
- 10.K. E. Barrett, S. M. Barman, S. Boitano, and H. Brooks, Ganong’s Review of Medical Physiology, 24th ed. (McGraw-Hill, 2012).Google Scholar
- 11.I. A. Znamenskaya, E. Yu. Koroteeva, A. V. Khakhalin, and V. V. Shishakov, Sci. Visualization 8, 122 (2016).Google Scholar