The Self-Similarity Index of the Convergence of Strong Cylindrical Shock Waves in a Gas with a Uniform Density
- 17 Downloads
A model of the convergence of cylindrical shock waves (SWs) in a gas with a uniform density has been considered. The partial differential equations of this model have been reduced to ordinary differential equations, from which the law of convergence of such shock waves and the dependence α = f(γ, γeff) of their self-similarity index α on the heat-capacity ratio in front of the shock wave (γ) and behind the shock wave front (γeff) of the gas have been found. This dependence for cylindrical shock waves has been shown to agree with the experimental data within the measurement error.
Keywordsconverging strong cylindrical shock waves in gas self-similarity index differential equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.L. D. Landau and K. P. Stanyukovich, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 46, 399 (1945).Google Scholar
- 3.K. Stanyukovich, Unsteady Motion of Continous Media (Pergamon, Oxford, 1960).Google Scholar
- 4.D. Butler, Converging Spherical and Cylindrical Shocks (Armament Res. Estab., 1954).Google Scholar
- 7.P. Hafner, J. Appl. Math. 48, 1244 (1988).Google Scholar
- 10.R. Lazarus and R. Richtmyer, Similarity Solutions for Converging Shocks (Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, 1977).Google Scholar