Evaluating the Applicability of Data on Total Solar-Radiation Intensity Derived from Various Sources of Actinometric Information
- 18 Downloads
In designing generating solar-engineering devices, the first priority is the predesign study of the potential of local resources of solar energy at the places where they may be located. Currently, actinometric information is obtained in several ways. They include direct measurement of solar-radiation characteristics at meteorological stations or from satellites and analytical methods for calculating intensity of solar radiation. Despite the significant number of sources of actinometric information, it seems impossible to evaluate the potential of incoming solar energy in the region, to substantiate the composition and parameters of solar-power-plant equipment, and to predict its operation at the initial stage. Using the example of the town of Kamyshin in Volgograd oblast, the sufficiency of required actinometric information is analyzed for further solar-engineering calculations and the data accuracy and limits of their applicability are estimated.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Elistratov, V.V., Solnechnye energoustanovki. Otsenka postupleniya solnechnogo izlucheniya (Solar Power Plants. Estimation of Solar Radiation Input, The School-Book), St. Petersburg: Politekhn. Univ., 2009, p.101.Google Scholar
- 4.Liu, B.Y.H., Daily insolation on surfaces tilted towards the equator, ASHRAE J., 1961, vol. 3, no. 10, p.53.Google Scholar
- 5.Popel’, O.S. et al., Klimaticheskie dannye dlya vozobnovlyaemoi energetiki Rossii (Baza klimaticheskikh dannykh): uchebnoe posobie (Climate Data for Renewable Power Engineering in Russia (Climate Database), The School-Book), Moscow: Mosk. Fiz. Tekh. Inst., 2009, p. 56Google Scholar
- 6.Kharchenko, V.V., Monitoring of solar radiation intensity in photoelectrical module tests, Mekhaniz. Elektrif. Sel’sk. Khoz-va, 2012, No. 2, pp. 21–27.Google Scholar
- 7.Pivovarova, Z.I., Klimaticheskie kharakteristiki solnechnoi radiatsii kak istochnika energii na territorii SSSR (Climatic Characteristics of Solar Radiation as an Energy Source on the USSR Territory), Leningrad: Gidrometeoizdat, 1998, p. 291Google Scholar
- 8.Kargashin, P.E. et al., Spatial database for solving problems of renewable power engineering objects design, Geoinformatika, 2015, no. 4, pp. 2–9.Google Scholar
- 11.The NASA Surface Meteorology and Solar Energy Data Set Center. http://easweb/larc.nasa.gov/sse.Google Scholar