Combined Method of Visualization of Functionally Defined Surfaces and Three-Dimensional Textures
- 1 Downloads
A combined method of object visualization based on analytical and scalar perturbation functions and three-dimensional textures with the use of graphics processing units is proposed. To display the terrain and the change in levels of detail, the same method as that for color textures is applied, and vertex shaders are used in the case of scattered light. A method of real-time visualization of volumetric clouds is described. For this purpose, it is proposed to form three-dimensional textures by means of pre-processing of the cloud structure and volume-oriented visualization.
Keywordsperturbation functions three-dimensional texture volumetric clouds scattered light volume-oriented visualization graphics processing units
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. I. Vyatkin, “Transformations of Functionally Defined Forms,” Progr. Sist. Vychisl. Met. 9(4), 484–499 (2014).Google Scholar
- 2.S. I. Vyatkin, “Complex Surface Modeling Using Perturbation Functions,” Avtometriya 43(3), 40–47 (2007) [Optoelectron., Instrum. Data Process. 43 (3), 226–231 (2007)].Google Scholar
- 3.S. I. Vyatkin, “Method of Binary Search for Image Elements of Functionally Defined Objects Using Graphics Processing Units,” Avtometriya 50(6), 89–96 (2014) [Optoelectron., Instrum. Data Process. 50 (6), 606–612 (2014)].Google Scholar
- 4.S. I. Vyatkin, “Recursive Search Method for the Image Elements of Functionally Defined Surfaces,” Avtometriya 53(3), 53–57 (2017) [Optoelectron., Instrum. Data Process. 53 (3), 245–249 (2017)].Google Scholar
- 5.S. I. Vyatkin, “Modeling of Inhomogeneities in Visualization of Atmospheric Effects,” Vestn. Komp. Inform. Tekhnol. 146(7), 9–14 (2016).Google Scholar
- 8.G. Sealy and G. Wyvill, “Smoothing of Three Dimensional Models by Convolution,” in Proc. of the Computer Graphics Intern. Conf. Pohang, South Korea, June 24–28, 1996, pp. 184–190.Google Scholar
- 11.H. Nishimura, M. Hirai, T. Kawai, et al., “Object Modelling by Distribution Function and a Method of Image Generation,” Trans. Institute Electron. Commun. Eng. Japan J68-D(4), 718–725 (1985).Google Scholar
- 14.S. I. Vyatkin, “Visualization of a Photorealistic Terrain on the Basis of a Texture-Form with the Use of Graphics Processing Units,” Progr. Sist. Vychisl. Met. 10(1), 89–107 (2015).Google Scholar
- 15.S. I. Vyatkin, “Method of Calculating Scattered Light and Fog Intensities with the use of Graphics Processing Units,” Vestn. Komp. Inform. Tekhnol. 155(5), 35–38 (2017).Google Scholar
- 16.S. I. Vyatkin and B. S. Dolgovesov, “Compression of Geometric Data with the Use of Perturbation Functions,” Avtometriya 54(4), 18–25 (2018) [Optoelectron., Instrum. Data Process. 54 (4), 334–339 (2018)].Google Scholar