X-ray Diffraction Tomography Using Laboratory Sources for Studying Single Dislocations in a Low Absorbing Silicon Single Crystal
This paper is a continuation of previous studies on the development of X-ray topo-tomography using laboratory equipment. The results on the spatial location of a single polygonal dislocation half-loop in a silicon single crystal were obtained as a result of testing the sensitivity of the X-ray topo-tomo diffractometer. A comparison was made with high-resolution experimental data obtained at the European synchrotron radiation facility (ESRF). The experimental procedure, software, and hardware for 3D reconstruction of the investigated single defect — a polygonal dislocation half-loop — are described.
KeywordsX-ray topography X-ray tomography single dislocation half-loops algebraic reconstruction techniques
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.D. K. Bowen and B. K. Tanner, High Resolution X-ray Diffractometry and Topography (Nauka, St. Petersburg, 2002; Taylor & Francis, 2005).Google Scholar
- 3.A. Authier, Dynamic Theory of X-ray Diffraction (Oxford Univ. Press, New York, 2001).Google Scholar
- 4.D. R. Black and G. G. Long, X-ray Topography. Material Science and Engineering Laboratory, Special publ. 960-10 (Washington, 2004).Google Scholar
- 5.I. L. Shul’pina and I. A. Prokhorov, “X-ray Diffraction Topography in Physical Materials Science,” Kristallografiya 57(5), 740–749 (2012).Google Scholar
- 9.D. Hänschke, A. Danilewsky, L. Helfen, et al., “Correlated Three-Dimensional Imaging of Dislocations: Insights into the Onset of Thermal Slip in Semiconductor Wafers,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 119, 215504.Google Scholar
- 11.I. S. Besedin, F. N. Chukhovskii, and V. E. Asadchikov, “Study of the Diffraction Contrast of Dislocations in X-ray Topo-Tomography: A Computer Simulation and Image Analysis,” Kristallografiya 59(3), 365–373 (2014).Google Scholar
- 12.D. A. Zolotov, A. V. Buzmakov, D. A. Elfimov, et al., “The Possibility of Identifying the Spatial Location of Single Dislocations by Topo-Tomography on Laboratory Setups,” Kristallografiya 62(1), 12–16 (2017).Google Scholar
- 14.V. N. Erofeev, V. I. Nikitenko, V. I. Polovinkina, et al., “X-ray Diffraction Contrast and Geometry of Dislocation Half-Loops in Silicon,” Kristallografiya 16(1), 190–198 (1971).Google Scholar