Vacuum Ultraviolet and Soft X-ray Broadband Monochromator for a Synchrotron Radiation Metrological Station
The monochromator of the Kosmos synchrotron radiation metrology station is discussed. The results of testing the monochromator in the energy range 2000–6000 eV using Si (111) crystals are presented. A spectral resolution ΔE/E = 10−4 was obtained. A technique for checking the spectral purity of the monochromatic radiation is described. It is shown that the monochromator can be used for spectroscopic measurements in the indicated energy range.
Keywordssynchrotron radiation soft x-rays metrology monochromator
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The work was performed using the infrastructure of the Siberian Center of Synchrotron and Terahertz Radiation based on the VEPP-3–VEPP-4M storage complex (Novosibirsk, Russia) and supported by the Ministry of Higher Education and Science of the Russian Federation (project RFMEFI62117X0012).
- 1.A. D. Nikolenko, S. V. Avakyan, I. M. Afanas’ev, et al., “Kosmos Station,” Surface. X-ray, Synchrotron and Neutron Studies, No. 5, 13–19 (2012).Google Scholar
- 3.N. R. Gavrilov, A. G. Legkodymov, A. D. Nikolenko, et al., “Two-Mirror Ultra-Soft X-ray Monochromator of the VEPP-2M Metrology Station Using Multilayer Mirrors,” Surface. X-ray, Synchrotron and Neutron Studies, No. 1, 129–131 (2000).Google Scholar
- 7.V. V. Zabrodsky, P. N. Aruev, V. L. Sukhanov, et al., “Silicon Precision Detectors for Near IR, Visible, UV, XUV and Soft X-ray Spectral Range,” in Proc. of the 9th Intern. Symp. on Measurement Technology and Intelligent Instruments (ISMTII 2009). Saint-Petersburg, Russia, 29 June–2 July, 2009. Vol. 3. P. 243–247.Google Scholar
- 8.CCD47-20 Back Illuminated. Instrumentation Projects. A1A-100041. Is. 6. 2006. http://instrumentation.obs.carnegiescience.edu/ccd/parts/CCD47-20BI.pdf.
- 12.P. Dasgupta, “On use of Pseudo-Voigt Profiles in DEiffractions Line Broadening Analyses,” Fisika A (Croatia) 9(2), 61–66 (2000).Google Scholar
- 14.X-Ray Interactions with Matter. The Center for X-ray Optics. X-Ray Database, Ed. by E. Gullikson (Berkeley, 2010). http://www-cxro.lbl.gov/optical_constants/intro.html.
- 15.Multilayer Reflectivity. X-Ray Interactions with Matter. The Center for X-ray Optics. X-Ray Database, Ed. by E. Gullikson (Berkeley, 2010). http://henke.lbl.gov/optical_constants/multi2.html.