Mathematical Model of the Flow of a Liquid Film of Variable Thickness on a Flat Surface in a Viscous Gas Flow
- 12 Downloads
The paper presents a mathematical model of the film flow over a half-plane directed at an angle to the horizon. In the cross section of the film, a quadratic law for the longitudinal velocity distribution is adopted, taking into account friction on the film surface. An approximate solution of the problem is obtained in the form of a series in powers of the small parameter. The solution is presented in the form of graphs of the film thickness and the average longitudinal velocity along the length of the plate.
Keywordsfilm liquid boundary layer flow friction small parameter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Klyuev, N.I., Gimadiev, A.G., and Kryukov, Yu.A., Two-Media Boundary Layer on a Flat Plate, International Journal of Engineering and Technology, 2014, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 2368–2374.Google Scholar
- 5.Klyuev, N.I. and Kryukov, Yu.A., Influence of Fluid Film on Friction of a Flat Plate, Izv. Vuz. Av. Tekhnika, 2014, vol. 57, no. 4, pp. 33–35 [Russian Aeronautics (Engl. Transl.), vol. 57, no. 4, pp. 372–377].Google Scholar
- 8.Shkadov, V.Ya., Two-Parametric Model of Wave Flow Regimes of Viscous Liquid Films, Vestnik Moskovskogo Universiteta. Seriya 1: Matematika. Mekhanika, 2013, no. 4, pp. 24–31.Google Scholar
- 9.Laptev, A.G., Bazhirov, T.S., and Saitbatalov, M.V., Model of the Hydrodynamic Characteristics of Film Flow, Vestnik KGEU, 2010, no. 3(6), pp. 18–23.Google Scholar
- 10.Kholpanov, L.P. and Shkadov, V.Ya., Gidrodinamika i teplomassoobmen s poverkhnost’yu razdela (Hydrodynamics and Heat Mass Transfer with Interface), Moscow: Nauka, 1990.Google Scholar
- 13.Nikolaev, N.A., Voinov, N.A., Mikhalkin, A.S., and Nikolaev, A.N., The Dynamics of Film Flow in Channels of Large-Scale Roughness at High Reynolds Numbers, Izv. RAN. Energetika, 2008, no. 5, pp. 61–64.Google Scholar
- 14.Mikhalkina, G.S. and Nikolaev, N.A., Regulations of the Dispersed-Annular Flow of Two-Phase Flux in Industrial Stream Generators, Izv. Vuz. Problemy Energetiki, 2007, nos. 9–10, pp. 20–26.Google Scholar
- 15.Voinov, N.A., Sugak, E.V., and Voinova, O.V., Fluid Flow and Heat Transfer in a Film Flowing over the Surface of the Pipe with Helical Roughness, Teploenergetika, 2004, no. 3, pp. 39–43.Google Scholar