Determination of Slag Retention Ability of Gating Systems
- 8 Downloads
The paper highlights results of analyzing the gating systems in terms of assurance of slag retention at the stage when the mold cavity is filled up with the melt. Quantitative values of parameters as to assessment of slag retention were obtained that can be applied in selecting the gating system type for a casting.
Keywordscasting gating system slag retention assessment criterion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Demin, V.Yu. and Yurgenson, S.A., The Concept of Selecting the Main Parameters of a Lightweight Airplane with Regard to the Requirements of the Contemporary Russian Market, Izv. Vuz. Av. Tekhnika, 2012, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 3–7 [Russian Aeronautics (Engl. Transl.), vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 113–119].Google Scholar
- 2.Neustruev, A.A., Moiseev, V.S., and Smykov, A.F., Razrabotka SAPR tekhnologicheskikh protsessov lit’ya (Development of CAD for Technological Processes of Casting), Moscow: Ekomet, 2005.Google Scholar
- 3.Chistyakov, V.V., Malov, A.G., Chestnykh, V.V., and Shatul’skii A.A., Teoriya zapolneniya form rasplavom (Theory of Mold Filling with Melt), Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 2002.Google Scholar
- 4.Galdin, N.M., Litnikovye sistemy dlya otlivok iz legkikh splavov (Gating Systems for Light Alloy Casting), Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1978.Google Scholar
- 5.Grishikhin, S.A., Izotov, V.A., and Shatul’skii, A.A., The Technique to Calculate the Coefficient of Resistance for a Gating System with Variable Pressure, Liteishchik Rossii, 2009, no. 3, pp. 39–42.Google Scholar