Extending the Life of Cutting Inserts
Long-lived cutting edges for cutting inserts with multiple cutting tips are described. Formulas for the coordinates of specific points on the cutting edge of such inserts are presented. Experimental results regarding the performance of such cutting inserts are outlined.
Keywords:cutting inserts tip radius cutting edge turning
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
The authors declare that they have no conflicts of interest.
- 1.Khludov, S.Ya., Boriskina, M.O., and Khomenko, A.V., The influence of cutting conditions on the size, shape and position of the active part of the cutting edge of replaceable polyhedral plate, Izv. Tul’sk. Gos. Univ., Tekh. Nauki, 2016, no. 8, pp. 322–328.Google Scholar
- 2.Boriskina, M.O. and Khludov, A.S., Universal design of replaceable polyhedral plate with discrete cutting edge and multi-vertex design, in Molodezhnyi vestnik politekhnicheskogo institute (Youth Bulletin of Polytechnic Institute), Tula: Tul’sk. Gos. Univ., 2014, pp. 16–18.Google Scholar
- 3.Khludov, S.Ya., Boriskina, M.O., and Khludov, A.S., Specific design of multi-vertex cutting edge, Izv. Tul’sk. Gos. Univ., Tekh. Nauki, 2017, no. 8, pp. 32–39.Google Scholar
- 4.Khludov, S.Ya., Boriskina, M.O., and Khludov, A.S., Discrete representation of a cutting edge profile of a multi-stage cutting plate, Izv. Tul’sk. Gos. Univ., Tekh. Nauki, 2018, no. 87, pp. 33–39.Google Scholar
- 5.Khludov, S.Ya., Boriskina, M.O., Khludov, A.S., and Chechuga, A.O., Performance of multi-stage cutting plates with discrete cutting edge, Izv. Tul’sk. Gos. Univ., Tekh. Nauki, 2018, no. 7, pp. 77–86.Google Scholar