Influence of Nitriding on the Wear Resistance and Adhesion of Zinc Coatings on Steel
- 4 Downloads
Chemicothermal treatment of steel is considered: specifically, diffusional zinc coating in a nitrogen-bearing medium; and nitriding of a preformed zinc-filled coating. The structure of the modified layers is investigated. Their microhardness and wear resistance increase as a result of solid-solution hardening by zinc and nitrogen.
Keywords:nitriding steel zinc coatings adhesion wear resistance
The work was supported by the Russian Science Foundation, project no. 17-19-01473.
- 1.Aleksandrov, V.A., Obtaining of a multilayer modified coatings on the surface of steel products to enhance operational characteristics, Uprochnyayushchie Tekhnol. Pokrytiya, 2014, no. 12, pp. 13–19.Google Scholar
- 2.Petrova, L.G., Aleksandrov, V.A., Malakhov, A.Yu., et al., Improvement of operation lifetime of machine parts with composite coatings in wear conditions, Int. J. Mech. Eng. Technol., 2017, vol. 8, no. 10, pp. 855–861.Google Scholar
- 3.Proskurkin, E.V., Protective zinc coatings: a comparative analysis of properties and rational purpose, Part 1, Oborudovanie, 2005, no. 3, pp. 66–71.Google Scholar
- 4.Konstantinov, V.M., Ivanitskii, N.I., and Astreiko, L.A., Anticorrosive zinc coatings on steel products: prospective thermal diffusion coatings, Lit’e Metall., 2013, no. 4 (73), pp. 107–110.Google Scholar
- 5.Petrova, L.G., Demin, P.E., Barabanov, S.I., and Kosachev, A.V., Application of diffusion techniques for formation of zinc coatings to improve corrosion resistance of structural steels, Polym. Sci., Ser. D, 2017, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 179–184.Google Scholar
- 6.Subbotina, O.Yu. and Yaroslavtseva, O.V., Specific use and testing of various zinc-filled coatings, Prom. Okraska, 2007, no. 1, pp. 38–44.Google Scholar
- 7.Petrova, L.G., Demin, P.E., Barabanov, S.I., and Kosachev, A.V., Zinc-filled coatings for bridge metal constructions, Nauka Tekhn. Dorozhn. Otrasli, 2016, no. 4 (78), pp. 23–27.Google Scholar
- 8.Aleksandrov, V.A., Petrova, L.G., Sergeeva, A.S., et al., Durability improvement of the cutting tool by surface modification with coating of tungsten compounds in high-frequency discharge, Uprochnyayushchie Tekhnol. Pokrytiya, 2018, vol. 14, no. 1 (157), pp. 30–35.Google Scholar