Optimal Upsetting of Composite Cylinders
- 2 Downloads
The upsetting of a composite cylinder in frictionless creep is analyzed in energy terms. Three loading programs that lead to upsetting of the cylinder by the same amount in the same time are compared. Variational analysis indicates that the kinematic loading program is best for industrial use.
Keywords:composite cylinder upsetting creep energy-based analysis variational calculus
Financial partial support was provided by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (project 17-08-00210).
- 1.Tarnovskii, I.Ya., Levanov, A.N., and Poksevatkin, M.I., Kontaktnye napryazheniya pri plasticheskoi deformatsii (Contact Stresses in Plastic Deformation), Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1966.Google Scholar
- 2.Sivak, I.O., Ogorodnikov, V.A., Pekhov, G.F., and Syrnev, B.V., Calculation of the limiting shaping of blanks from a hardly-deforming alloy with axisymmetric upsetting, Kuznechno-Shtampovochnoe Proizvod., 1980, no. 2, pp. 2–5.Google Scholar
- 3.Burov, Yu.G., Calculation of metal temperature of a billet during hot upsetting, Kuznechno-Shtampovochnoe Proizvod., 1984, no. 11, p. 14.Google Scholar
- 4.Archakov, A.T. and Nekrasov, V.A., Experimental analysis of torsional upsetting, Kuznechno-Shtampovochnoe Proizvod.–Obrab. Mater. Davleniem, 2003, no. 3, pp. 21–26.Google Scholar
- 5.Antoshchenkov, Yu.M. and Taupek, I.M., Specific modeling of axisymmetric upsetting, Kuznechno-Shtampovochnoe Proizvod.–Obrab. Mater. Davleniem, 2014, no. 10, pp. 42–49.Google Scholar
- 10.Malinin, N.N., Polzuchest’ v obrabotke metallov (Creep of Metals during Processing), Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1986.Google Scholar
- 11.Lokoshchenko, A.M., Creep and Long-Term Strength of Metals, Boca Raton, Fl: CRC Press, 2017.Google Scholar
- 12.Lokoshchenko, A.M., Optimal mode for upsetting of cylinders with friction, Vestn. Mashinostr., 2016, no. 9, pp. 44–48.Google Scholar
- 13.Malinin, N.N., Prikladnaya teoriya plastichnosti i polzuchesti (Applied Theory of Plasticity and Creep), Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1975.Google Scholar
- 14.Krotov, V.F. and Brovman, M.Ya., Extreme processes of plastic deformation of metals, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Otd. Tekh. Nauk, Mekh. Mashinostr., 1962, no. 3, pp. 148–153.Google Scholar
- 15.Krasnov, M.L., Makarenko, G.I., and Kiselev, A.I., Variatsionnoe ischislenie, zadachi i uprazhneniya (Calculus of Variation, Tasks, and Exercises), Moscow: Nauka, 1973.Google Scholar