Stochastic Modeling and Estimation of the Probability of Productivity Losses
- 4 Downloads
Adoption of responsible managerial decisions in the conditions of potentially large or even “catastrophic” economic losses requires, apart from expert evaluation, the obligatory use of objective scientific approaches to the assessment of the possible risks. Such methods allow one to give an objective assessment of the risks in the current or forecasted critical situation. The article proposes a stochastic model for estimation of the productivity losses probability in the crop production in the conditions of various climatic scenarios, including the “bad” and “abnormally bad” seasons. The approach is based on the use of a modified algorithm for estimating the parameters of the finite mixture of distributions to the retrospective information about the productivity of the crop in a given geographic area within the previous years. The adequacy of the model is tested based on the real data. Extensive statistical material is accumulated at Russian agricultural research institutes for implementing the proposed approach in the various soil-climatic zones of the Russian Federation.
Keywordsclimatic risks stochastic modeling finite mixture of distributions estimation of the parameters SEM algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yakushev, V.P., Bure, V.M., and Brunova, T.M., Statistical methods in agrophysics, in Agrofizika ot A.F. Ioffe do nashikh dnei (Agrophysics from A. F. Ioffe to the Present Day), St. Petersburg: AFI, 2002, pp. 319–330.Google Scholar
- 2.Yakushev, V.P. and Yakushev, V.V., Informatsionnoe obespechenie tochnogo zemledeliya (Information Support for Precision Farming), St. Petersburg: Izd. Peterb. Inst. Yad. Fiz. Ross. Akad. Nauk, 2007.Google Scholar
- 4.Yakushev, V.P. and Bure, V.M., Methodological approaches to the assessment of the optimal time for carrying out agrotechnological events, Dokl. Ross. S-kh. Akad., 2001, no. 4, pp. 27–30.Google Scholar
- 5.Yakushev, V.P. and Bure, V.M., Statistical estimation of the distribution of the optimal time for carrying out agrotechnological events, Dokl. Ross. S-kh. Akad., 2002, no. 3, pp. 11–13.Google Scholar
- 7.Vavitsara, M.E., Sabatier, S., Meng Zhen Kang, Hery Lisy Tiana Ranarijaona, and de Reffye, Ph., Yield analysis as a function of stochastic plant architecture: Case of Spilanthes acmella in the wet and dry season, Comput. Electron. Agric., 2017, vol. 138, pp. 105–116.Google Scholar
- 9.Reet Poldaru and Juri Roots, Using a nonlinear stochastic model to schedule silage maize harvesting on Estonian farms, Comput. Electron. Agric., 2014, vol. 107, pp. 89–96.Google Scholar
- 12.Jun Diao, Philippe De Reffye, Xiangdong Lei, Hong Guo, and Veronique Letort, Simulation of the topological development of young eucalyptus using a stochastic model and sampling measurement strategy, Comput. Electron. Agric., 2012, vol. 80, pp. 105–114.Google Scholar
- 13.Harwood, T.D., Al Said, F.A., Pearson, S., Houghtona, S.J., and Hadley, P., Modelling uncertainty in field grown iceberg lettuce production for decision support, Comput. Electron. Agric., 2010, vol. 71, pp. 57–63.Google Scholar
- 15.Mayer, D.G., Walmsley, B.J., McPhee, M.J., Oddy, V.H., Wilkins, J.F., Kinghorn, B.P., Dobos, R.C., and McKiernan, W.A., Integrating stochasticity into the objective function avoids Monte Carlo computation in the optimisation of beef feedlots, Comput. Electron. Agric., 2013, vol. 91, pp. 30–34.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 16.Silva-Villacorta, D., Lopez-Villalobos, N., Blair, H.T., Hickson, R.E., and Macgibbon, A.K., A stochastic farm model to simulate dairy farms and the segregation of cows to produce milk with different concentrations of unsaturated fatty acids, Comput. Electron. Agric., 2016, vol. 125, pp. 29–38.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 22.Aivazyan, S.A., Bukhshtaber, V.M., Enyukov, I.S., and Meshalkin, L.D., Prikladnaya statistika. Klassifikatsiya i snizhenie razmernosti. (Spravochnoe izdanie) (Applied Statistics. Classification and Reduction of Dimension. (Handbook Edition)), Moscow: Finansy i statistika, 1989.Google Scholar