Effects of Hirudotherapy on Parameters of Plasma Hemostasis in Cows with Clinical Mastitis
- 3 Downloads
The objective of the work was to study the effects of hirudotherapy on the hemostasis plasma link in cows with clinical mastitis. The blood test for 20 lactating Ayrshire cows was performed. The most active aggregation after hirudotherapy was recorded for the collagen-induced aggregation. Platelet disaggregation capabilities decreased with the impacts of adenosine diphosphate (ADP) and ristomycin. A significant decrease in the activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT) (P ≤ 0.01), the prothrombin time (PTT) (P ≤ 0.01), and the thrombin time (TT) was revealed. The use of medical leeches in the treatment of the clinical bovine mastitis did not prove any significant effect on the adhesive-aggregation activity of platelets. However, it had a corrective effect on the plasma-coagulation link of hemostasis.
Keywordscows mastitis hirudotherapy platelets coagulation hemostasis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Soboleva, E.N. and Oshurkova, Yu.L., Assessment of the hemostasis system in cows with the clinical form of mastitis, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Sev.-Kavk. Reg., Ser.: Estestv. Nauki, 2015, no. 2, pp. 84–87.Google Scholar
- 2.Terent'eva, N.Yu. and Bagmanov, M.A., Changes in the hemostasiological system with hidden and clinical forms of mastitis in cows, Uch. Zap. Kazan. Gos. Akad. Vet. Med. im. N. E. Baumana, 2011, no. 206, pp. 205–210.Google Scholar
- 5.Plakhotin, M.V., Igloterapiya v veterinarii (Acupuncture in Veterinary Medicine), Moscow: Kolos, 1966.Google Scholar
- 6.Kazeev, G.V., Veterinarnaya akupunktura (Veterinary Acupuncture), Moscow, 2000.Google Scholar
- 7.Zhernov, V.A. and Zubarkina, M.M., Vosstanovitel’naya meditsina. Girudoterapiya: Uchebno-metodicheskoe posobie (Regenerative Medicine. Hirudotherapy: Handbook), Moscow: Ross. Univ. Druzhby Nar., 2004.Google Scholar