Identification of Habrobracon hebetor Populations Using RAPD Markers
- 3 Downloads
It was found that food preferences and conditions of breeding of Habrobracon hebetor laboratory populations vary considerably. In this regard, it is necessary to identify populations within the studied species using DNA markers: an effective and reliable means for assessing the genetic differences between samplings of this insect species. A molecular genetic analysis of two different geographic populations of the Habrobracon hebetor entomophage (from Krasnodar, Russia, and Chimkent, Kazakhstan) was carried out using RAPD markers; 21 RAPD primers were tested for specificity to H. hebetor DNA. Five RAPD primers (OPA05, OPA10, OPB01, OPB04, and UBC519) were identified that have high specificity and the ability to differentiate H. hebetor populations. DNA markers that are specific for the Krasnodar and Chimkent entomophage populations and that can clearly identify them were revealed: for the Krasnodar population, RAPD markers with a molecular weight of 550 bp (UBC 519); 500 and 700 bp (OPA05); 1100, 1200, and 1300 bp (OPA10); 220 and 800 bp (OPB04); and 880 bp (OPB01); for the Chimkent population, 400, 600 and 1200 bp (UBC519); 600 and 950 bp (OPA10); and 800 bp (OPB01). It is concluded that these RAPD primers can be used for identification and differentiation of other H. hebetor populations.
KeywordsPCR RAPD analysis primer insects Habrobracon hebetor population DNA polymorphism genetic diversity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ismailov, V.Ya., Agas’eva, I.S., Kil’, V.I., Fedorenko, E.V., Besedina, E.N., and Nefedova, M.V., Study of the biological features of the ectoparasite Habrobracon hebetor Say in order to optimize the biocenotic regulation of the number of harmful Lepidoptera, Nauka Kubani, 2017, no. 4, pp. 26–33.Google Scholar
- 2.Agas’eva, I.S., Ismailov, V.Ya., Kil’, V.I., Fedorenko, E.V., Besedina, E.N., Kuvika, T.O., and Nefedova, M.V., Study of the biological features of the ectoparasite Habrobracon hebetor Say (Hymenoptera, Braconidae) populations for biological plant protection, Materialy Mezhd. nauchno-prakticheskoi konf. “Biologicheskaya zashchita rastenii—osnova stabilizatsii agroekosistem” s molodezhnoi strategicheskoi sessiei “Kadry, resursy, vozmozhnosti, innovatsii” (Proc. Int. Sci.-Pract. Conf. Biological Plant Protection is the Basis for the Stabilization of Agro-Ecosystems with the Youth Strategic Session Personnel, Resources, Opportunities, and Innovations), Krasnodar, 2016, vol. 9, pp. 106–111.Google Scholar
- 5.Antolin, M.F., Bosio, C.F., Cotton, J., Sweeney, W., Strand, M.R., and Black, W.C., Intensive linkage mapping in a wasp (Bracon hebetor) and a mosquito (Aedes aegypti) with single-strand conformation polymorphism analysis of random amplified polymorphic DNA markers, Genetics, 1996, vol. 145, pp. 1727–1738.Google Scholar
- 7.Holloway, A.K., Strand, M.R., Black, W.C., IV, and Antolin, M.F., Linkage analysis of sex determination in Bracon sp. near hebetor (Hymenoptera: Braconidae), Genetics, 2000, vol. 154, pp. 205–212.Google Scholar
- 9.Kil, V.I., Besedina, E.N., Agas’eva, I.S., and Ismailov, V.Ya., DNA polymorphism and genetic diversity of the Krasnodar population Habrobracon hebetor, Wschodnioeur. Czas. Nauk., 2016, no. 12, pp. 49–51.Google Scholar
- 10.Kil, V.I., Besedina, E.N., Agasyeva, I.S., Ismailov, V.Ya., RAPD analysis of laboratory and natural populations of Habrobracon hebetor, Scientific Symposium (IV-th edition) Advanced Biotechnologies—Achievements and Prospects, Chisinau, 2016, p.11.Google Scholar
- 11.Kil, V.I. and Balaban, A.T., PCR analysis of ectoparasite Habrobracon hebetor by RAPD and ISSR markers, Sovremennye problemy nauki, tekhnologii, innovatsionnoi deyatel’nosti. Sbornik nauchnykh trudov po materialam mezhd. nauchno-prakticheskoi konf. (Modern Problems of Science, Technology, and Innovation. Proc. Int. Sci-.Pract. Conf.), Belgorod, 2017, pp. 18–20.Google Scholar
- 12.Kil, V.I., Methods for assessing the DNA polymorphism of insect populations by PCR (RAPD-and ISSR-PCR), in Metodicheskie rekomendatsii (Methodical Recommendations), Krasnodar: OOO Prosveshchenie-Yug, 2009.Google Scholar
- 13.Van de Peer, Y. and De Wachter, R., Construction of evolutionary distance trees with TREECON for Windows: Accounting in nucleotide substitution rate among sites, Comput. Appl. Biosci., 1997, vol. 13, pp. 227–230.Google Scholar
- 14.Yeh, F.C., Yang, R.C., Boyle, T.B.J., Ye, Z.H., and Mao, J.X., POPGENE, the User-Friendly Shareware for Population Genetic Analysis. Computer Program and Documentation, Molecular Biology and Biotechnology Centre; Edmonton: University of Alberta, 1997.Google Scholar