Flotational Enrichment of Low-Quality and Oxidized Coal Using Spent Motor Oil
The flotation of low-quality Russian and Mongolian coal by means of spent motor oil is investigated. Ozonization is used to improve the flotational properties of the spent oil. The optimal ozonization depth of oil used to enrich coal of poor metamorphic development is 5–6 g/kg. Ozonization increases the oil’s content of oxygen-bearing heteropolar compounds, which determine its flotation properties. In addition, the viscosity declines. The use of ozonized spent oil improves the flotation of gas coal by 24%. Flotation of naturally oxidized gas coal by spent oil, before and after ozonization, is poor and requires large quantities of reagents.
Keywords:coal oxidized coal functional groups flotation spent motor oil ozonization
We thank O. S. Efimova, R. P. Kolmykov, V. Yu. Malysheva, N.A. Grabova, and Yu.A. Kharlampenkova (Federal Research Center of Coal and Coal Chemistry) and N.S. Grushina (the Gorbachev University) for assistance in the experiments and the physicochemical analysis.
- 2.Chuprova, L.V., Mullina, E.R., and Mishurina, O.A., The influence of organic and inorganic compounds on the flotation of low metamorphic coal, Sovrem. Probl. Nauki Obraz., 2013, no. 4, pp. 24–32. http://www.scienceeducation.ru.Google Scholar
- 4.Klassen, V.I., Flotatsiya uglei (Coal Floatation), Moscow: Gosgortekhizdat, 1963.Google Scholar
- 5.Petukhov, V.N. and Bychkova, A.V., Development reagent conditions of coal flotation using reagents-collectors of different chemical composition, Teor. Tekhnol. Metall. Proizvod., 2015, no. 1, pp. 16–19.Google Scholar
- 6.Gmyzina, N.V. and Gmyzin, V.A., Analysis of coal floatability using organic compounds and petrochemical products as reagents, Vestn. Magnitogorsk. Gos. Tekh. Univ. im. G.I. Nosova, 2007, no. 3, pp. 25–28.Google Scholar
- 7.Tyurnikova, V.I. and Naumov, M.E., Povyshenie effektivnosti flotatsii (Efficiency Improvement of Flotation), Moscow: Nedra, 1980.Google Scholar
- 10.Miroshnichenko, D.V. and Ulanovskii, M.L., Reactivity of coke: methods of measuring and influence factors, Koks Khim., 2004, no. 5, pp. 21–31.Google Scholar
- 11.Atlas verkhnepaleozoiskikh uglei Kuznetskogo basseina (Atlas of the Upper Paleozoic Coals of the Kuznetsk Basin), Zvonarev, I.N., Ed., Novosibirsk: Nauka, 1966.Google Scholar
- 12.Artser, A.S. and Protasov, S.I., Ugli Kuzbassa: proiskhozhdenie, kachestva, ispol’zovanie (Coal of Kuzbass: Origin, Quality, and Use), Kemerovo: Kuzbasskii Gos. Tekh. Univ., 1999, vol. 1.Google Scholar
- 13.Dergunov, A.B., Luvsandanzan, B., and Pavlenko, V.S., Geologiya Zapadnoi Mongolii (Geology of Western Mongolia), Moscow: Nauka, 1980.Google Scholar
- 15.Murko, V.I., Fedyaev, V.I., Dzyuba, D.A., Zaostrovskii, A.N., Papina, T.A., and Klein, M.S., RF Patent 2268289, 2004.Google Scholar