Evaluation of the Effect of Moisture Content in the Wood Sample Structure on the Quality of Tomographic X-Ray Studies of Tree Rings of Stem Wood
For the first time, the effect of moisture content in the structure of wood samples on the quality of the results of the study of their internal structure using high-resolution X-ray computer tomography is considered. The tomographic method for determining the internal distribution of the structure and density of tree rings of stem wood can be used to solve problems in the field of dendroclimatology and biometeorology.
KeywordsX-ray computer tomography X-ray radiation X-ray tube dendrology tree rings
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.N. Rogova, N. Ryzhakova, A. Borisenko, and N. Sergeeva, in International Multidisciplinary Scientific GeoConference: SGEM: Surveying Geology & Mining Ecology Management, Sofia, 2016 (SGEM, Sofia, 2016), Vol. 2, p. 163.Google Scholar
- 4.A. E. Douglass, National Geographic Magazine 56, 736 (1929).Google Scholar
- 6.E. A. Vaganov, M. K. Hughes, and A. V. Shashkin, Growth Dynamics of Conifer Tree Rings: Images of Past and Future Environments (Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, 2006).Google Scholar
- 7.H. Polge, Tree-Ring Bulletin 30, 1 (1970).Google Scholar
- 8.F. H. Schweingruber, H. C. Fritts, O. U. Bräker, et al., Tree-Ring Bulletin 38, 61 (1978).Google Scholar