Formation of a Train of Picosecond Laser Pulses with a Maximum Power Density to 107 W/cm2 upon Electron-Beam Excitation of a Semiconductor Target
- 1 Downloads
The dependence of the pulse shape of laser radiation of a CdS semiconductor target on the parameters of the exciting subnanosecond electron beam (EB) is studied. The effect of the time to reach the threshold excess carrier density (ECD) on the laser radiation pulse shape is considered. A train of laser radiation pulses with a maximum intensity to 107 W/cm2 is obtained at modulating EB pulses by a frequency of 5 GHz. It is shown that an increase in the ECD during the lifetime can be used to further increase the intensity and to reduce the laser radiation duration in the picosecond range.
Keywordselectron beam semiconductor target laser
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.M. I. Yalandin, M. B. Bochkarev, S. A. Shunailov, et al., Prib. Tekh. Eksp., No. 5, 100 (2017) [Instrum. Exp. Tech. 60, 710 (2017)].Google Scholar
- 3.A. S. Nasibov, K. V. Berezhnoy, M. B. Bochkarev, et al., Kratkie Soobshcheniya po Fizike FIAN 44(1), 3 (2017) [Bulletin of the Lebedev Physics Institute 44, 13 (2017)].Google Scholar
- 6.V. G. Bagramov, G. L. Danielyan, A. S. Nasibov, et al., Kratkie Soobshcheniya po Fizike FIAN 45(4), 19 (2018) [Bulletin of the Lebedev Physics Institute 45, 108 (2018)].Google Scholar
- 7.V. I. Kozlovsky, A. S. Nasibov, A. N. Pechenov, et al., Kvant. Elektron. 4, 351 (1977) [Quant. Electron. 4, 351 (1977)].Google Scholar
- 8.R. F. Nabiev and Yu. M. Popov, in Proceedings of the Lebedev Physical Institute 221, 1 (1996).Google Scholar