Preparation of Zinc Powders by Acid Electrowinning
During the electrowinning of zinc in a mixture electrolyte of zinc sulfate and ammonium sulfate, the effects of current density, Zn2+ mass concentration and electrolytic additives on the morphology and current efficiency of Zn powders were evaluated. Finer Zn powders were obtained at high current density and low Zn2+ mass concentration. However, the current efficiency decreased. Adding a proper amount of sodium dodecyl sulfate generated spherical Zn powders, and adding ethanol produced dendritic ones.
Keywords:zinc electrowinning additive current efficiency surface morphology
This study was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (51304082).
- 1.Hou, X.G., Wang, S., and Wang, Y.M., Preparation and characterization of nanometer ZnO powder, Powder Metall. Ind. (in Chin.), 2004, vol. 14, pp. 10–13.Google Scholar
- 2.Tang, Y.Q. and Tang, A.Y., Study on preparation of high grade Zinc from Zinc hydrometallurgy system, Hunan Nonferrous Met. (in Chin.), 2014, vol. 30, pp. 34–37.Google Scholar
- 3.Zhou, H.J., Wang, S.L., Deng, B., and Chen, X.L., Preparation and characterization of nanoflake zinc particles by vibration milling, Mater. Mech. Eng. (in Chin.), 2005, vol. 29, pp. 62–68.Google Scholar
- 4.Chen, W.M., Wan, X.H., and Sun, Y.Y., Study on technology of producing Zinc powders by gas atomization, Mater. Rev., 2000, vol. 14, pp. 59–61.Google Scholar
- 5.Wang, A.P., Liu, K., Wang, Y.J., Guo, L., Yang, Y.P., and Liang, T.B., Preparation of super fine Zinc dust by distillation-condensation technology, Nonferrous Met. (in Chin.), 2008, vol. 60, pp. 46–49.Google Scholar
- 6.Wang, P., Zhao, F.X., and Zhang, Z.Z., Preparation of ultrafine zinc powders by dc arc plasma evaporation method, Chin. J. Nonferrous Met. (in Chin.), vol. 21, pp. 2236–2241.Google Scholar
- 9.Hossein Kamran, H., Davood, M., and Mohammad Hadi, S., Production of zinc powder from Co–Zn plant residue using selective alkaline leaching followed by electrowinning, Physicochem. Probl. Mi, 2015, vol. 51, pp. 411–425.Google Scholar