The Main Theorem for (Anti-)Self-Dual Conformal Torsion-Free Connection on a Four-Dimensional Manifold
In this paper we obtain results that occur on a four-manifold with conformai torsion-free connection for all possible signatures of angular metric. It is proved that three of the four terms of the formula for the decomposition of the basic tensor are equidual, one is anti-dual. Based on this result we find conditions for (anti-)self-duality of exterior 2-forms Φ i j , i, j = 1, 2, 3, 4, which are part of components of the conformal curvature matrix. With the help of the latter result, the main theorem is proved: a conformal torsion-free connection on a four-manifold with the signatures of the angular metric s = ±4; 0 is (anti-)self-dual if and only if the Weyl tensor of the angular metric and the exterior 2-form Φ 0 0 are (anti-)self-dual and Einstein’s and Maxwell’s equations are satisfied. In particular, the normal conformal Cartan connection is (anti-)self-dual if and only if such is also the Weyl tensor of the angular metric.
Key wordsconformal connection (anti-)self-duality the Weyl tensor conformal curvature Einstein’s equations Maxwell’s equations
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cartan E. Spaces With an Affine, Projective and Conformai Connection (Kazan Univ. Press, 1962) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.Krivonosov, L. N., Luk’yanov, V. A. “The Structure of the Main Tensor of Conformally Connected Torsion-Free Space. Conformai Connections on Hypersurfaces of Projective Space”, Sib. J. Pure and Appl. Math. 17, No. 2, 21–38 (2017).Google Scholar
- 5.Singerland, I. M., Thorpe, J. A. “The curvature of 4-dimensional Einstein spaces”, Global Anal., Papers in Honour of K. Kodaira (Princeton Univer. Press, Princeton, 1969), pp. 355–365.Google Scholar
- 6.Sucheta Koshti, Naresh Dadhich “The General Self-Dual Solution of the Einstein Equations”, arXiv:gr-qc/9409046 (1994).Google Scholar
- 9.Dunajski, M., Ferapontov, E., Kruglikov, B. “On the Einstein-Weyl and Conformal Self-Duality Equations”, arXiv:1406.0018 (2014).Google Scholar
- 12.Petrov, A. Z. New Methods in General Relativity Theory (Nauka, Moscow, 1966) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 13.Krivonosov, L. N., Luk’yanov, V. A. “Einstein’s Equations on a 4-Manifold of Conformal Torsion-Free Connection”, J. Sib. Fed. Univ. Math. Phys. 5, No. 3, 393–408 (2012) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 14.Krivonosov, L. N., Luk’yanov, V. A. Connection of Yang-Mills Equations with Einstein and Maxwell’s Equations, J. Sib. Fed. Univ. Math. Phys. 2, No. 4, 432–448 (2009) [in Russian].Google Scholar