On the Wear Comparative Analysis of Cutting Tools Made of Composite Materials Based on Polycrystalline Cubic Boron Nitride when Finish Turning of AISI D2 (EN X153CrMoV12) Steel
- 6 Downloads
This study presents the results of research on the condition of low content polycrystalline cubic boron nitride cutting tools (cBN-L) when finish turning of hardened AISI D2 tool steel. The least changes in the condition of wedges throughout the investigated turning feeds were observed for the composite cBN020 whereas the highest wear intensity was found for the composite cBN200. For all researched cutting materials, abrasive wear, as well intense adhesion were observed.
KeywordscBN-L hardened steel finish turning wear cBN coatings
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bouacha, K., Yallese, M.A., Mabrouki, T., and Rigal, J.-F., Statistical analysis of surface roughness and cutting forces using response surface methodology in hard turning of AISI 52100 bearing steel with cBN tool, International Journal of Refractory Metal & Hard Materials, 2010, vol. 28, pp. 349–361.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.DIN ISO 513:2014–05, Classification and application of hard cutting materials for metal removal with defined cutting edges—Designation of the mail groups and groups of application (ISO 513:2012).Google Scholar
- 6.Wada, T. and Hanyu, H., Tool wear of (Ti, Al)N-coated polycrystalline cubic boron nitride compact in cutting of hardened steel, IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 2017, vol. 264.Google Scholar
- 13.Sadik, I.M., Wear development and cutting forces on cBN cutting tool in Hard Part turning of different hardened steels, 5th CIRP Conference on High Performance Cutting, 2012, pp. 232–237.Google Scholar
- 15.Fuentes, J.A.O. and Keunecke, M., Analysis and application of cBN coated cutting tools, 7th Int. Conf. “The Coatings in Manufacturing Engineering”, Chalkidiki, Greece, 1998.Google Scholar
- 16.Uhlmann, E., Braeuer, G., Wiemann, E., and Keunecke, M., cBN coatings on cutting tools, Production Engineering. Research and development in Germany: annals of the German Academic Society for Production Engineering, 2004, vol. 11, pp. 45–48.Google Scholar
- 17.Petrusha, I.A., Osipov, A.S., Smirnova, T.I., Barsukova, T.P., Nikishina, M.V., and Tkach, V.N., High-E/low-E CBN/Si3N4 Composite for Heavy Interrupted Cutting, Proc. 4th Int. Swedish Production Symp. “SPS11”, Lund, Sweden, 3–5 May, 2011, Ed. Jan-Eric Ståhl, Lund: Swedish Production Academy, 2011, pp. 161–168.Google Scholar