Comparison Studies of Raw and Oxidized Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubes H2SO4/HNO3 to Remove p-Nitroaniline from Aqueous Solution
- 4 Downloads
The raw and oxidized multi-walled carbon nanotubes mixed with H2SO4/HNO3 were used to remove PNA from aqueous solutions. Heat recovery using nanotubes was performed in two stages. The effective factors on PNA removal were studied. The adsorption isotherms and kinetic reactions were determined. Optimal conditions for a real solution of petrochemical wastewater were performed to evaluate the PNA adsorption. The maximum removal efficiencies of PNA by raw and oxidized carbon nanotubes was obtained at optimal conditions. The equilibrium adsorption capacity is dependent on the amount of adsorbent and also the initial concentration of material that will be adsorbed. The process of adsorption followed second order kinetic and Langmuir isotherm. This is a good adsorbent in PNA removal from aqueous solution. It also can recover in several stages.
Keywordsadsorption aqueous solution multi-walled carbon nanotubes p-nitroaniline
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Nwokenm, C.O., Gimba, C.E., Ndukwe, G.I., and Abechi, S.E., J. Adv. Sci. Res., 2014, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 268–278.Google Scholar
- 4.El. Shahat, M.F. and Shehata, A.M.A., J. Emerg. Technol. Adv. Eng., 2014, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 423–430.Google Scholar
- 6.Li, K., Zheng, Z., Feng J., et al, J. Hazard. Mater., 2009, vol. 106, pp.180–185.Google Scholar
- 7.Albayati, T. and Doyle, A.M., Bulg. J. Sci. Educ., 2014, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 05–14.Google Scholar
- 8.Al. Kaim, A.F. and Baqir, S.J., Nation. J. Chem., 2008, vol. 32, pp. 625–636.Google Scholar
- 12.Ghobadi, J., Arami, M., and Bahrami, H., J. Color. Sci. and Technol., 2013, vol. 7, pp. 103–112.Google Scholar
- 15.Mubarak, N.M., Daniel, S., Khalid, M., and Tan, J., J. Chem. Environ. Eng., 2012, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 314–317.Google Scholar
- 20.Zakeri, M. and Sany, H.M., Proc. of the 4th Int. Conf. on Nanostructures (ICNS4) (Kish Island, I.R. Iran, 12–14 March, 2012), Kish Island, 2012.Google Scholar
- 21.Malayeri, F.H., Sorabi, M.R, and Ghourchian, H., Int. J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol., 2012, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 79–86.Google Scholar
- 22.Bina, B., Amin, M.M., Rasihidi, A., and Pourzamani, H., J. Health System Res., 2012, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 1203–1215.Google Scholar