Water Decontamination of Charged Dispersed Particles in Electrofilter with Conducting Bed
- 7 Downloads
Electrofiltration of the particles of cation exchanger KU-2-8 and anion exchanger AV-17 pounded to the size (1–4) μm through a granulated cation exchanger KU-2-8 was investigated. The interval of electric field strength and flow velocities of a filtered liquid, which achieves a stable 99% degree of decontamination, is determined. Features of the impact of polarized dispersion particles on their movement in the electric field, aggregation and formation of the sediment on the granules are analyzed. It is shown that the movement of these particles to the granules is done mainly owing to dipolophoresis and the formation of particles aggreagates which form the sediment is caused by the dipole-dipole interaction.
Keywordsgranulated cation exchanger dipolophoresis charged disperse particles electrofiltration electroosmosis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Gvozdyak, P.I. and Chekhovskaya, T.P., Microbiology, 1976, vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 901–905.Google Scholar
- 3.Dukhin, S.S., Estrela-Lopis, V.R., and Zholkovskii, E.K., Electrosurface phenomena and electrofiltration, Kiev: Naukova Dumka, 1985.Google Scholar
- 4.Shilov, V.N. and Estrela-Lopis, V.R., Surface forces in thin films and disperse systems, Moscow: Nauka, 1972, pp. 115–117.Google Scholar
- 6.Gvozdyak, P.I., Garbara, S.V., Chekhovskaya, T.P., and Rotmistrov, M.N., Microbiology, 1977, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 118–122.Google Scholar
- 7.Gvozdyak, P.I., Gordienko, A.S., Chekhovskaya, T.P., and Gavrish, O.G., Microbiology, 1981, vol. 50, no. 6, pp. 1103–1105.Google Scholar
- 8.Rotmistrov, M.N., Gvozdyak, P.I., and Stavskaya, S.S., Microbiology of water purification, Kiev: Naukova Dumka, 1978.Google Scholar
- 9.Gvozdyak, P.I., Chekhovskaya, T.P., Grebenyuk, V.D., and Koshechkina, L.P., DAN SSSR, 1974, vol. 214, pp. 454–458.Google Scholar
- 10.Gvozdyak, P.I., Grebenyuk, V.D., Koshechkina, L.P., Chekhovskaya, T.P., and Gvozdyak, R.I., DAN USSR, Series B., 1975, no. 7, pp. 621–624.Google Scholar
- 15.Dukin, S.S. and Mishchuk, N.A., Kolloid. Zhurn., 1990, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 452–456.Google Scholar
- 16.Mishchuk, N.A. and Dulkin, S.S., Kolloid. Zhurn., 1990, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 497–501.Google Scholar
- 17.Mishchuk, N.A., Kolloid. Zhurn., 1979, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 716–721.Google Scholar