Terahertz Undulator Radiation of Stabilized Dense Electron Beams
- 6 Downloads
Dense short electron bunches produced by state-of-the-art photoinjector-based accelerators are used to create sources of powerful electromagnetic pulses of terahertz frequency range based on spontaneous coherent emission by these bunches. However, there is a problem of stabilizing the phase dimension of a bunch along the space of electron wave interaction. In this work, two means of such stabilization are considered that are based on using the intrinsic electromagnetic fields (quasi-static and radiation) of bunches.
This work was supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, project nos. 16-02-00794 and 18-32-00351; and by the Israeli Ministry of Science, Technology, and Space. A portion of this work was performed a part of a State Task for the Institute of Applied Physics, Russian Academy of Sciences, project no. 0035-2014-0012.
- 4.Rosenzweig, J.B., Valloni, A., Alesini, D., et al., Nucl. Instrum. Methods Phys. Res., Sect. A, 2011, vol. 657, p. 107.Google Scholar
- 10.Bratman, V.L., Jaroszynsky, D.A., Samsonov, S.V., and Savilov, A.V., Nucl. Instrum. Methods Phys. Res., Sect. A, 2001, vol. 475, p. 436.Google Scholar
- 11.Lee, K., Mun, J., Park, S.H., et al., Nucl. Instrum. Methods Phys. Res., Sect. A, 2015, vol. 776, p. 27.Google Scholar
- 14.Ginzburg, N.S. and Peskov, N.Yu., Tech. Phys., 1988, vol. 58, p. 859.Google Scholar
- 15.Freund, H.P. and Antonsen, T.M., Principles of Free-Electron Lasers, London: Chapman and Hall, 1996.Google Scholar
- 18.Kolomensky, A.A. and Lebedev, A.N., At. Energy, 1959, vol. 7, p. 549.Google Scholar