Influence of the Strengthening Curve on the Axial Stress in Round Rod on Drawing
- 6 Downloads
For the drawing of round rod in conical drawplates, the boundary problem is solved on the basis of the Amontons–Coulomb frictional law for materials in which strengthening corresponds to the equation σs/σs0 = 1 + m(ln λ)n. The influence of the parameters m and n of the strengthening curve on the axial stress σx in the reducing section of the drawplate is established. The new result is compared with existing solutions. It is found that, if the strengthening law is replaced by approximate functions without taking account of the shape of the strengthening curve at small n, the calculated values of σx are too low, by 15–25%.
Keywordsround rod drawing Amontons–Coulomb frictional law strengthening strain hardening drawing stress drawplates
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Perlin, I.L. and Ermanok, M.Z., Teoriya volocheniya (Drawing Theory), Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1971.Google Scholar
- 2.Hoffman, O. and Sachs, G., Introduction to the Theory of Plasticity for Engineers, New York: McGraw-Hill, 1953.Google Scholar
- 3.Gubkin, S.I., Plasticheskaya deformatsiya metallov. Tom 3. Teoriya plasticheskoi obrabotki metallov (Plastic Deformation of Metals, Vol. 3: The Theory of Plastic Processing of Metals), Moscow: Metallurgizdat, 1961.Google Scholar
- 4.Tselikov, A.I., Tomlenov, A.D., Zyuzin, V.I., et al., Teoriya prokatki: spravochnik (Theory of Rolling: Handbook), Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1982.Google Scholar
- 5.Arkulis, G.E. and Dorogobid, V.G., Teoriya plastichnosti: uchebnoe posobie dlya vuzov (Theory of Plasticity: Manual for Higher Education Institutions), Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1987.Google Scholar
- 6.Smirnov, V.S., Teoriya obrabotki metallov davleniem (The Theory of Metal Pressuring), Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1973.Google Scholar
- 7.Gur’yanov, G.N., Effect of metal hardening on the estimated values of the drawing stress, Zavod. Lab., Diagn. Mater., 2011, vol. 77, no. 5, pp. 59–62.Google Scholar