Optical CDMA Coded STBC Based on Chaotic Technique in FSO Communication Systems
Free-Space Optical (FSO) can provide high-speed communications when the effect of turbulence is not serious. However, Space-Time-Block-Code (STBC) is a good candidate to mitigate this seriousness. This paper proposes a hybrid of an Optical Code Division Multiple Access (OCDMA) and STBC in FSO communication for last mile solutions, where access to remote areas is complicated. The main weakness effecting a FSO link is the atmospheric turbulence. The feasibility of employing STBC in OCDMA is to mitigate these effects. The current work evaluates the Bit-Error-Rate (BER) performance of OCDMA operating under the scintillation effect, where this effect can be described by the gamma-gamma model. The most obvious finding to emerge from the analysis is that the BER can be enhanced by orders of magnitude for different numbers of users and different values of scintillation effects using a MIMO channel as compared to Single-Input-Single-Output (SISO) one. The theoretical analysis of the derived BER, which is based on gamma-gamma model, is validated through the Monte Carlo simulation.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.N. Boudriga, W. Abdallah, M. Hamdi, “Physical layer cryptography in optical networks: A lattice–based approach,” Proc. of 12th Int. Conf. on Transparent Optical Networks, 27 Jun.–1 Jul. 2010, Munich, Germany (IEEE, 2010), pp. 1–7. DOI: 10.1109/ICTON.2010.5549040.Google Scholar
- 3.A. Litvinenko, A. Lboltins, “Selection and performance analysis of chaotic spreading sequences for DS–CDMA systems,” Proc. of Advances in Wireless and Optical Communications, RTUWO, 3–4 Nov. 2016, Riga, Latvia (IEEE, 2016), pp. 38–45. DOI: 10.1109/RTUWO.2016.7821852.Google Scholar
- 4.L. Yang, G. Shou, Z. Qian, Y. Hu, T. Miki, “OCDMA–WDM–PON with two–level chaotic logistic–map as spread spectrum sequence,” Proc. of Joint Conf. on OECC/ACOFT, 7–10 Jul. 2008, Sydney, Australia (IEEE, 2008). DOI: 10.1109/OECCACOFT.2008.4610530.Google Scholar
- 20.E. Bayaki, R. Schober, R. K. Mallik, “Performance analysis of free–space optical systems in gamma–gamma fading,” Proc. of IEEE Global Telecommunication Conf., 30 Nov.–4 Dec. 2008, New Orlean, USA (IEEE, 2008), pp. 1–6. DOI: 10.1109/GLOCOM.2008.ECP.548.Google Scholar
- 23.M. Shinozuka, A. Uchida, T. Ogawa, S. Yoshimori, F. Kannari, “Chaotic on–off keying method in microchip lasers for secure communications,” Proc. of Conf. on Lasers and Electro–Optics, 15–19 Jul. 2001, Chiba, Japan (IEEE, 2001), Vol. 2, pp. II–390–II–391, DOI: 10.1109/CLEOPR.2001.970998.Google Scholar
- 24.L. F. Abdulameer, U. Sripati, M. Kulkarni, “CSK based STBC–CDMA system: design and performance evaluation,” Association of Arab Universities Journal of Engineering Sciences 24, No. 1, 13 (2017). URI: https://www.jaaru.org/index.php/auisseng/article/view/21.Google Scholar