Creating a Model for Scientific Research Monitoring
- 6 Downloads
A model developed by the staff of the Library for Natural Sciences of the Russian Academy of Sciences for evaluating the activities of scientific institutions based on the analysis of bibliometric data is described. An original integrated methodology is proposed that covers the entire range of operation of scientific organizations, including publishing, innovative and educational activities, international relations, and contributions from scientific schools and diasporas. The analysis criteria are universal and applicable for determining the scientific level of both individual scientists or laboratories and entire scientific centers.
Keywords:bibliometric analysis information needs information technologies scientific library
CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 2.Panat, R., On the data and analysis of the research output of India and China: India has significantly fallen behind China, Scientometrics, 2014, no. 2, pp. 471–481.Google Scholar
- 5.Ellegaard, O. and Wallin, J.A., The bibliometric analysis of scholarly production: How great is the impact?, Scientometrics, 2015, no. 105, pp. 1809–1831. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11192-015-1645-z
- 6.Archakov, A.I., Karpova, E.A., and Ponomarenko, E.A., International criteria for the effectiveness of research activities of scientific groups and individual scientists in the field of biology and medicine, Vestn. Ross. Akad. Med. Nauk, 2013, no. 5, pp. 4–9.Google Scholar
- 7.Berezkina, N.Yu. and Khrenova, G.S., Using the database “Web of Science” to assess the results of scientific activities in the Republic of Belarus, Obraz. Tekhnol. O-vo., 2010, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 311–316.Google Scholar
- 8.Gilyarevskii, R.S. and Syuntyurenko, O.V., Using the methods of scientometrics and comparative analysis of data for managing research for thematic areas, Nauchno-Tekh. Inf., Ser. 2, 2016, no. 12, pp. 3–10.Google Scholar
- 9.Beskaravainaya, E.V. and Kharybina, T.N., Correction of information service in the library based on the analysis of information needs of its users, Rumyantsevskie chteniya-2017. 500-letie izdaniya pervoi slavyanskoi Biblii Frantsiska Skoriny: stanovlenie i razvitie kul’tury knigopechataniya. Materialy mezhdunar. nauch.-praktich. konferentsii (18–19 aprelya 2017, Moskva) (Rumyantsev Readings-2017. The 500th Anniversary of the Publication of the First Slavic Bible by Francysk Skaryna: The Formation and Development of a Typography Culture. Proc. Int. Sci.-Pract. Conf. (April 18–19, 2017, Moscow)), Moscow, pp. 74–79.Google Scholar
- 10.Mitroshin, I.A., Beskaravainaya, E.V., and Kharybina, T.N., Investigation of patent activity in the Pushchino Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences, in Informatsionnoe obespechenie nauki: novye tekhnologii (Informational Support of Science: New Technologies), Kalenov, N.E. and Tsvetkov, V.A., Eds., Moscow: Bibl. Estesv. Nauk Ross. Akad. Nauk, 2017, pp. 142–149.Google Scholar
- 12.Beskaravainaya, E.V. and Kharybina, T.N., Results of comparative analysis of the publication activity of scientists of the Pushchino Research Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Nauchn. Tekh. Bibl., 2018, No. 6, pp. 63–77.Google Scholar