Deduction Algorithms for Some Extensions of Allen’s Interval Logic
- 4 Downloads
This paper considers Allen’s interval logic language and the languages whose statements are Boolean combinations of Allen’s logic statements, possibly, with metric information. Some deduction algorithms for the languages are presented. The algorithms are based on the analytic tableaux method.
Keywordstemporal logics Allen’s interval logic analytic tableaux method deduction algorithms
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Allen, J.A., Planning as temporal reasoning, Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Principles of Knowledge Representation and Reasoning, 1991, pp. 3–14.Google Scholar
- 3.Allen, J.A. and Hayes, P.I., Common-sense theory of time, Proceedings of the 9th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, 1985, pp. 528–531.Google Scholar
- 4.Allen, J.A. and Koomen, J.A., Planning using a temporal word model, Proceedings of the 8th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, 1983, pp. 741–747.Google Scholar
- 5.Automatic Reasoning with Analytic Tableaux and Related Methods, LNAI 6793, Brunner, K. and Metcalf, G., Eds., 2011, p. 279.Google Scholar
- 6.Koubarakis, M., Tractable disjunctions of linear constraints, Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Principles and Practice of Constraint Programming (CP96), LNCS 1118, 1996, pp. 297–307.Google Scholar
- 8.Vilain, M. and Kautz, H., Constraint propagation algorithms for temporal reasoning, Proceedings of the 5th Conference on Artificial Intelligence, 1986, pp. 377–382.Google Scholar
- 9.Pleshevich, G.S., Nguyen Thi Minh Vu, and Karabekov, B.S., A deduction algorithm for the Boolean extension of Allen’s interval logic, Integrirovannye modeli i myagkie vychisleniya v iskusstvennom intellekte. Sbornik nauchnykh trudov VIII-i Mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii (Kolomna, 18–20 maya 2015g.) (Integrated Models and Soft Computing in Artificial Intelligence. Proceedings of the 8th International Scientific and Practical Conference, Kolomna, Russia, May 18–20, 2015), Moscow, 2015, pp. 181–189.Google Scholar