Estimating the speed of an integrated wireless network for transportation applications
- 45 Downloads
An integrated wireless network that links a transportation system with a remote server, on the basis of the integrated interaction of mobile objects with the base station of a WiFi network (802.11n protocol), is considered; the data stream is transmitted further through GPRS and LTE mobile-network channels. The practical implementation of this integrated network is described, and test data are presented. On the basis of the results, the model parameters of the three-node network for mass-service systems corresponding to the experimental network are refined.
Keywordsintegrated transport network data-transmission speeds wireless network 802.11n wireless protocol LTE
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Ipatovs, A. and Petersons, E., Performance evaluation of WLAN depending on number of workstations and protocols, Electronics Electr. Eng., 2006, no. 8, pp. 15–18.Google Scholar
- 4.Inose, H. and Hamada, T., Road Traffic Control Univ. Tokio, 1975; Moscow: Transport, 1983.Google Scholar
- 5.Garber, L.A. and Hoel, L.A., Traffic and Highway Engineering, Cengage Learning, 2009.Google Scholar
- 7.Vishnevskii, V.M., Teoreticheskie osnovy proektirovaniya komp’yuternykh setei (Theoretical Fundamentals of Computer Networks Design), Moscow: Tekhnosfera, 2003.Google Scholar
- 8.Vishnevskii, B.M., Lyakhov, A.I., Portnoi, S.L., and Shakhnovich, I.V., Shirokopolosnye besprovodnye seti peredachi informatsii (Wideband Wireless Networks of Information Transfer) Leningrad: Tekhnosfera, 2005.Google Scholar
- 9.Haverkort, B.R., Performance of Computer Communication Systems. A Model-Based Approach Wiley, 1999.Google Scholar
- 10.Kleinrock, L., Queuing Systems Wiley, 1975.Google Scholar
- 11.Bogdanovs, N., Petersons, E., and Jansons, J., Simulation to evaluate performance of two layer vehicular networks, Proc. Int. Conf. on Technological Advances in Electrical, Electronics and Computer Engineering (TAEECE-2013), Konya, Turkey, 2013, pp. 548–553.Google Scholar