A Kinematic Model of the Formation of the Sim Trough of the Uralian Foredeep
- 10 Downloads
The structural features and mechanism of the formation of the Sim trough within the Uralian Foredeep, as well as the development of the entire Karatau–Suleiman block, are considered. This wedge-shaped block was subject to lateral extrusion to the north along conjugated strike-slip fault zones under a general latitudinal compression. This factor determined the local meridional compression and latitudinal extension of the block. In the central part of the block, the latitudinal extension was compensated by gradual subsidence, which resulted in the formation of the Sim trough.
KeywordsUrals foreland basin structural assemblages fold strike-slip fault transpression
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Kamaletdinov, M.A., Pokrovnye struktury Urala (Nappe Structures of the Urals), Moscow: Nauka, 1974.Google Scholar
- Kazantsev, Yu.V., Strukturnaya geologiya Predural’skogo progiba (Structural Geology of the Uralian Foredeep), Moscow: Nauka, 1984.Google Scholar
- Kisin, A.Yu., Structural position of the Karatau tectonic block, Litosfera, 2008, no. 4, pp. 35–47.Google Scholar
- Mizens, G.A., The formation stages of the Uralian Foredeep, Geotektonika, 1997, no. 5, pp. 33–46.Google Scholar
- Puchkov, V.N., Geologiya Urala i Priural’ya (aktual’nye voprosy stratigrafii, tektoniki, geodinamiki i metallogenii) (Geology of the Urals and Uralian Region (Actual Problems of Stratigraphy, Tectonics, Geodynamics, and Metallogeny)), Ufa: DizainPoligrafServis, 2010.Google Scholar
- Shatskii, N.S., Ocherki tektoniki Volgo-Ural’skoi neftenosnoi oblasti i ikh klassifikatsiya. Izbrannye trudy (Essays on Tectonics of the Volga–Urals Oil-Bearing Region and Its Classification. Selective Works), Moscow: Nauka, 1964, vol. 2.Google Scholar
- Tetyaev, M.M., Geotektonika SSSR (Geotectonics of the USSR), Moscow–Leningrad: GONTI, 1938.Google Scholar
- Twiss, R.J. and Moores, E.M., Structural Geology. 6th ed., New York: W.H. Freeman and Company, 2000.Google Scholar