Integrated Geophysical Works on the Kozlovka Anomaly (Kaluga Region)
- 9 Downloads
This work presents integrated geophysical studies that were carried out to identify the nature of the intense magnetic anomaly detected by the results of land surveying on the right bank of the Slushka River in the territory of the Yukhnovskii district of Kaluga Region. The comprehensive interpretation of the geophysical data and the laboratory measurements of the core made it possible to determine the nature and parameters of the anomaly-forming object that is located in the upper part of the section; it consists of loams that contain such magnetic minerals as greigite, pyrrhotite, and magnetite.
Keywordsspectral induced polarization magnetometry thermal magnetic susceptibility measurements lacustrine-swamp deposits
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Babanin, V.F., Trukhin, V.I., Verkhovtseva, N.V., et al., On the biogenic origin of magnetite and greigite in water basin sediments and soils, Moscow Univ. Phys. Bull., 1998, vol. 53, no. 6, pp. 36–39.Google Scholar
- Bobrov, S.P., Geologicheskii Atlas Kaluzhskoi oblasti (Geological Atlas of the Kaluga Region), Kaluga: OOO PGP “Prityazhenie”, 2007.Google Scholar
- Kulikov, V.A., Zorin, N.I., Manzheeva, I.T., and Yakovlev, A.G., Separation of anomalies of induced polarization based on frequency response data of differential phase parameter, Russ. Geophys. J., 2013, no. 6, pp. 23–31.Google Scholar
- Kulikov, V.A., Bobachev, A.A., Kosorukov, V.L., et al., Results of complex geophysical surveys on the anomaly “Mokrovo” (Ukhovsky District, Kaluga Region), Russ. Geophys. J., 2016, no. 2, pp. 32–42.Google Scholar
- Nurgaliev, D.K., Utemov, E.V., Yasonov, P.G., et al., Remnants of magnetotactic bacteria in deposits of modern lake–a new tool for paleophysicists, Uch. Zap. KazGU, Ser. Estestv. Nauki, 2009, vol. 151, no. 4.Google Scholar
- Pelton, W.H., Sill, W.R., and Smith, B.D., Interpretation of complex resistivity and dielectric data, Geophys. Trans., 1983, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 297–330.Google Scholar
- Skinner, B.J., Erd, R.C., and Grimaldi, F.S., Greigite, the thio-spinel of iron; a new mineral, Am. Mineral., 1964, vol. 49, pp. 543–555.Google Scholar