One Dimensional Non-Linear Control of ST Fusion Reactor with D3He Fuel Using Back-Stepping Method
- 3 Downloads
In this article a model for calculating energy and particles densities is presented in order to control burning plasma in the case of D3He fuel in spherical tokamak (ST). A spherical tokamak is a possible candidate for a D3He fusion reactor due to its high-beta value. In this model a one-dimensional approximation of the transport equation for energy as well as the density of deuterium-helium3 fuel ions and alpha particles is represented in cylindrical coordinates by a system of partial differential equation. By applying these simulation equations to control particles and energy densities profiles, the system is discretized in space using a finite difference method and a back-stepping design for D3He aneutronic fuel in tokamaks. Results obtained for boundary control conditions shows that initial values are approaching to equilibrium profiles and also the system achieves the stable equilibrium. It is also seen that with the controller modulation of the alpha particles, deuterium-helium3 and energy densities at the edge of the plasma, they are approaching to stable equilibrium points. The results of boundary control law show that the profiles can be successfully controlled with just one step of back-stepping.
Keywordsback-stepping method D3He fuel spherical tokamak
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Mandrekas and W. M. Stacey, Proc. 13th IEEE Symp. on Fusion Engineering, Knoxville, United States, 1989, p. 404.Google Scholar
- 5.E. A. Chaniotakis, J. P. Freidberg, and D. R. Cohn, Proc. 13th IEEE Symp. on Fusion Engineering, Knoxville, United States, 1989, p. 400.Google Scholar
- 6.S. W. Haney and L. J. Perkins, Proc. 13th IEEE Symp. on Fusion Engineering, Knoxville, United States, 1989, p. 396.Google Scholar
- 8.W. Hui and G. H. Miley, Bull. Am. Phys. Soc. 37, 1399 (1992).Google Scholar
- 10.W. Hui, K. Fischbach, B. Bamieh and G. H. Miley, Proc. 15th IEEE/NPSS Symp. on Fusion Engineering, Hyannis, United States, 1993, p. 562.Google Scholar
- 11.D. A. Plummer, Proc. 16th IEEE/NPSS Symp. on Fusion Engineering, Champaign, United States, 1995, p. 1186.Google Scholar