The Use of Microemulsions for the Extraction and Simultaneous Preconcentration of Maltenes as Potential Chemical Markers to Identify Hydrocarbon Deposits
- 2 Downloads
The possibility of using microemulsions as extractants during the extraction of chemical markers from oil samples and their subsequent preconcentration by the decomposition of microemulsions and determination of oil components by the gas chromatography-mass-spectrometry method is shown. Due to hydrophobicity, oil components pass into the organic phase after the decomposition of microemulsions and become concentrated due to the reduction of the volume of one of the phases. It is shown that as the preconcentration of the precipitant increases, the preconcentration coefficient of the chemical markers grows to 8–10. The method itself is characterized by low detection limits, good selectivity, and reproducibility.
Keywordsmicroemulsion sodium dodecyl sulfate gas chromatography petroleum chemical markers preconcentration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Loginova, L.P., Galat, M.N., and Yakovleva, E.Yu., Vestn. Kharkovsk. Nats. Univ., Khim., 2007, vol. 15(38), no. 770, p.109.Google Scholar
- 3.Verezhnikov, V.N., Organizovannye sredy na osnove kolloidnyh poverhnostno-aktivnyh veshhestv. Uchebnometodicheskoe posobie dlya vuzov (Organized Media Based on Colloidal Surfactants: A Manual for Universities), Voronezh, 2008, p.74.Google Scholar
- 4.Kozlova, E.V., Fadeeva, N.P., Kalmykov, G.A., Balushkina, N.S., Pronina, N.V., Poludetkina, E.N., Kostenko, O.V., Yurchenko, A.Yu., Borisov, R.C., Bychkov, A.Yu., Kalmykov, A.G., Khamidullin, R.A., and Strel’tsova, E.D., Moscow Univ. Geol. Bull. (Engl. Transl.), 2015, vol. 70, no. 6, p.409.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.Standard Handbook Oil Spill Environmental Forensics, Wang, Z. and Stout, S.A., Eds., New York: Academic, 2016, 2nd ed.Google Scholar
- 7.GOST (State Standard) 32269-2013: Petroleum Bitumens. Method of Separation into Four Fractions, Moscow: Standartinform, 2016.Google Scholar
- 8.GOST (State Standard) 11011-85: Petroleum and Its Products. Method for Determination of Fraction Composition by Apparatus APH-2, Moscow: Standartinform, 2006.Google Scholar
- 10.GOST (State Standard) 31857-2012: Drinking Water. Methods for Determination of Surfactants Content, Moscow: Standartinform, 2014.Google Scholar