On the Localized Instability of the Free Edge of a Rectangular Plate Supported on Two Opposite Sides under Various Conditions for Securing the Fourth Side
- 4 Downloads
The problem of stability of a rectangular plate, freely supported on two opposite sides, the third side of which is free, and the fourth side is either clamped or freely supported, is considered. The plate is compressed by the load applied on the free edge. For both cases of fixing the fourth side of the plate, conditions for the appearance of an instability localized in the vicinity of the free edge were obtained, both for the case of a conservative load and for the case of a tracking load.
Keywordsstability plate localized instability tracking load conservative load
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Yu. Ishlinskii, “On a Limit Transition in the Theory of Stability of Elastic Rectilinear Plates,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 95 (3), 477–479 (1954) [Soviet Phys. Dokl. (Engl. Transl.)].Google Scholar
- 4.M. V. Belubekyan, “Problems of Localized Buckling of a Plate,” in “Questions of Optimal Control, Stability, and Strength ofMechanical Systems” (EGU, Erevan, 1997), pp. 95–99 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.M. V. Belubekyan and E. O. Chil-Akopyan, “The Problems of the Localized Instability of the Plate with a Free Edge,” Izv. Nats. Akad. Nauk Arm. Ser.Mekh. 57 (2), 34–49 (2004).Google Scholar
- 6.V. M. Belubekyan, “Buckling Analysis of a Shell with Transverse Shear,” Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk. Mekh. Tverd. Tela, No. 2, 126–131 (2004) [Mech. Solids. (Engl. Transl.) 39 (2), 99–103 (2004)].Google Scholar
- 11.A. S. Volmir, Stability of Deformable Systems (Nauka, Moscow, 1967) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 12.D. M. Poghosyan, “The Non-Conservative Problem of Stability of Compressed Rectangular Plate,” Izv. Nats. Akad. Nauk Arm. Ser.Mekh. 66 (2), 40–48 (2013).Google Scholar
- 13.M. V. Belubekyan and A. A. Sahakyan, “Local Instability of Rectangular Plate under the Compressive Load at the Free Edge,” in Proc. Int. School Conf. “Mechanics-2016,” October 03–08, 2016, Tsakhkadzor, Armenia (NUASA, Erevan, 2016), pp. 43–46 [in Russian].Google Scholar