Relativistic Theory of Elasticity
- 4 Downloads
The article deals with the construction of the theory of elasticity for a medium in a gravitational field described by the equations of the general theory of relativity. As an application, we consider a problem with spherical symmetry.
Keywordstheory of elasticity general theory of relativity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. Z. Vlasov, “Equations of Strain Continuity in Curvilinear Coordinates,” in V. Z. Vlasov, Selected Papers. Vol. 1 (Fizmatgiz, Moscow, 1962) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.A. A. Baranov and V. L. Kolpashchikov, Relativistic Thermomechanics of Continua (URSS,Moscow, 2003) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.D. Singh, General Relativity (Izd-vo Inostr. Lit-ry,Moscow, 1963) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.C. B. Reiner, “Elasticity in General Relativity,” Proc. Roy. Soc. London. Ser. A. Math. Phys. Sci. 272 (1348) 44–53 (1963).Google Scholar
- 6.E. N. Glass and J. Winicourt, “Elastic General Relativistic Systems,” J. Math. Phys. 15 (12) 1934–1940 (1972).Google Scholar
- 7.L. I. Sedov, “The Energy-Momentum Tensor and Macroscopic Internal Interactions in a Gravitational Field and inMaterialMedia,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 164 (3), 519–522 (1965).Google Scholar
- 8.V. V. Vasil’ev and L. V. Fedorov, “An Elasticity Problem for a Gravitating Ball and Some Geometrical Effects,” Izv. Akad. Nauk.Mekh. Tverd. Tela, No. 1, 84–92 (2003) [Mech. Solids (Engl. Transl.) 38 (1), 67–74 (2003)].Google Scholar