Intellectual Mining of Patient Data with Melanoma for Identification of Disease Markers and Critical Genes
- 1 Downloads
Genotypic (DNA mutations) and phenotyping data on patients with melanoma are analyzed to identify markers of early disease diagnosis and critical involved genes. An optimal mining method was chosen from those that are traditionally used in the field. This method allows one to analyze a set of terms. Automatic and interactive approaches were performed, which both allow a considerable reduction in the computational requirements. New melanoma-associated genes and candidate relapse markers were identified. Data mining was performed with the JSM method of automated support of scientific research (JSM ASSR).
Keywords:artificial intelligence oncology genotypic data phenotypic data mutations JSM ASSR method
The authors are grateful to Mikhail I. Zabezhailo for valuable recommendations and ideas.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
The authors declare that they have no conflicts of interest.
- 1.Zaridze, D.G., Kantserogenez (Carcinogenesis), Moscow: Meditsina, 2004.Google Scholar
- 2.Anshakov, O.M. and Fabrikantova, E.F., DSM-metod avtomaticheskogo porozhdeniya gipotez: Logicheskie i epistemologicheskie osnovaniya (The JSM Method for Automatic Hypothesis Generation: Logical and Epistemological Foundations), Anshakov, O.M., Ed., Moscow: LIBROKOM, 2009.Google Scholar
- 4.Finn, V.K., On the heuristics of JSM research (additions to articles), Autom. Doc. Math. Linguist., 2019, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 250–282.Google Scholar
- 7.Zabezhailo, M.I., The approximate JSM method with examples, Nauchno-Tekh. Inf., Ser. 2, 2014, no. 10, pp. 1–12.Google Scholar
- 9.Gao, J., Aksoy, B.A., Dogrusoz, U., Dresdner, G., Gross, B., Sumer, S.O., Sun, Y., Jacobsen, A., Sinha, R., Larsson, E., Cerami, E., Sander, C., and Schultz, N., Integrative analysis of complex cancer genomics and clinical profiles using the cBioPortal, Sci. Signaling, 2013, vol. 6, no. 269, p. 11.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.Cerami, E., Gao, J., Dogrusoz, U., Gross, B.E., Sumer, S.O., Aksoy, B.A., Jacobsen, A., Byrne, C.J., Heuer, M.L., Larsson, E., Antipin, Y., Reva, B., Goldberg, A.P., Sander, C., and Schultz, N., The cBio cancer genomics portal: An open platform for exploring multidimensional cancer genomics data, Cancer Discovery, 2012, vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 401–404.CrossRefGoogle Scholar