An Electronic Library as a Means of Science Publication on the Web: The Experience of Data Sharing on Anomalies of Thermal Expansion
- 3 Downloads
The concept of a small-format electronic library (EL) is proposed, which permits the collected information on a project carried out in a scientific team to be disseminated on the Internet. The ABCD multilingual automation system for libraries and information centers was used as an effective software tool for building electronic libraries, the service capabilities of which were used to create a universal means of storing, organizing, and distributing scientific data. The developed library is used to exchange data and documents on thermal expansion anomalies on the web. The specificity of the subject area that implies the permanent emergence of new terms, ideas and concepts and expansion of the range of substances is reflected in the system of metadata that we adopted with the possibility of their continuous expansion.
Keywordsdatabase electronic library metadata thermal expansion anomalies of thermal properties
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This study was supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, grant no. 17-08-00736.
- 1.Bartunov, O.S. and Karpov, S.V., Databases and astronomy: A practical approach, Electron. Bibl., 2011, vol. 14, no. 1. https://doi.org/www.elbib.ru/index.phtml?page=elbib/rus/journal/2011/part1/BK. Accessed November 3, 2018.
- 2.Marcondes, C.H., Malheiros, L.R., and da Costa, L.C., A semantic model for scholarly electronic publishing in biomedical sciences, Semantic Web, 2017, vol. 2014, no. 5, pp. 4–313.Google Scholar
- 3.Bird, C.L. and Frey, J.G., Chemical information matters: An e-research perspective on information and data sharing in the chemical sciences, Chem. Soc. Rev., 2017, vol. 2013, no. 42, pp. 6–6754.Google Scholar
- 4.Erkimbaev, A.O., Zitserman, V.Yu., Kobzev, G.A., Serebrjakov, V.A., and Teymurazov, K.B., Publishing scientific data as linked open data, Sci. Tech. Inf. Process., 2017, vol. 2013, no. 40, pp. 4–253.Google Scholar
- 5.Trakhtengerts, M.S., Electronic libraries of scientific teams, Trudy 13-i Vserossiiskoi nauchnoi konferentsii “Elektronnye biblioteki: perspektivnye metody i tekhnologii, elektronnye kollektsii”—RCDLL’2011 (Proceedings of the 13th All-Russian Scientific Conference Digital Libraries: Advanced Methods and Technologies, Digital Collections-RCDL’2011), Voronezh, 2011, pp. 395–396.Google Scholar
- 7.GOST (State Standard) R 7.0.96-2016: SIBID. Electronic Libraries. Main Types. Structure. Formation Technology. https://doi.org/www.rsl.ru/datadocs/doc_7667ve.pdf. Accessed November 28, 2018.
- 8.Zemskov, A.I. and Shraiberg, Ya.L., Elektronnye biblioteki: Uchebnik dlya studentov vuzov kul’tury i iskusstv i dr. vysshikh ucheb. zavedenii (Electronic Libraries: Textbook for Students of Universities of Culture and Arts and Other Higher Education Institutions), Moscow: Libereya, 2003.Google Scholar
- 9.Kogalovskii, M.R. and Novikov, B.A., Electronic libraries—a new class of information systems, Programmirovanie, 2000, no. 3, pp. 3–8.Google Scholar
- 10.Kogalovskii, M.R., Systematics of collections of information resources in electronic libraries, Programmirovanie, 2000, no. 3, pp. 30–52.Google Scholar
- 11.ABCD library automation software. https://doi.org/sites.google.com/site/abcdlibraryautomationsoftware/. Accessed September 5, 2018.
- 12.Trakhtengerts, M.S., ABCD, an automated library system based on WinISIS, Autom. Doc. Math. Linguist., 2017, vol. 2009, no. 43, pp. 4–241.Google Scholar
- 13.Erkimbayev, A.O., Zitserman, V.Yu., Kobzev, G.A., and Trakhtengerts, M.S., A digital library instead of a traditional database for nanotechnologies: An attempt to use the ABCD system, Autom. Doc. Math. Linguist., 2017, vol. 2014, no. 48, pp. 4–213.Google Scholar
- 14.Techopedia. Semi-Structured Data. https://doi.org/www.techopedia.com/definition/28802/semi-structured-data. Accessed October 18, 2018.
- 15.Erkimbaev, A.O., Zitserman, V.Yu., Kobzev, G.A., and Fokin, L.R., The logical structure of physicochemical data: Problems of numerical data standardization and exchange, Russ. J. Phys. Chem. B, 2017, vol. 2008, no. 82, pp. 1–15.Google Scholar
- 16.Erkimbaev, A.O., Zitserman, V.Yu., and Kobzev, G.A., The role of metadata in the creation and application of information resources on the properties of substrances and materials, Sci. Tech. Inf. Process., 2017, vol. 2008, no. 35, pp. 6–247.Google Scholar
- 18.Errington, J.R., Truskett, T.M., and Mittal, J., Excess-entropy-based anomalies for a waterlike fluid, J. Chem. Phys., 2006, vol. 126.Google Scholar
- 19.Medvedev, A.B. and Trunin, R.F., Shock compression of porous metals and silicates, Usp. Fiz. Nauk, 2017, vol. 2012, no. 182, pp. 8–829.Google Scholar
- 20.Anisimov, M.A., Duška, M., Caupin, F., et al., Thermodynamics of fluid polyamorphism, Phys. Rev. X, 2018, vol. 8.Google Scholar