Regioselective N-alkylation of (2-chloroquinolin-3-yl) methanol with N-heterocyclic compounds using the Mitsunobu reagent
- 148 Downloads
The Mitsunobu reaction is a well-established fundamental reaction and has been widely applied in organic synthesis. In this paper, under Mitsunobu conditions dehydration proceeds between (2-chloroquinolin-3-yl)methanol and nitrogen heterocyclic compounds such as quinazolinone, pyrimidone, 2-oxoquinoline in dry THF in the presence of triethylamine, triphenylphosphane and diethyl azodicarboxylate to give the corresponding products. As part of our recent research, we attempted to couple two N-heterocyclic compounds under Mitsunobu reaction conditions to provide efficient building blocks for natural product synthesis.
KeywordsMitsunobu reaction N-heterocyclic compounds (2-chloroquinolin-3-yl)methanol DEAD P(Ph)3 THF
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Dömling, A., & Ugi, I. (2000). Multicomponent reactions with isocyanides. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 39, 3168–3210. DOI: 10.1002/1521-3773(20000915)39:18〈3168::AID-ANIE3168〉3.0.CO;2-U.Google Scholar
- Guan, L.-P., Jin, Q.-H., Tian, G.-R., Chai, K.-Y., & Quan, Z.-S. (2007). Synthesis of some quinoline-2(1H)-one and 1,2,4-triazolo [4,3-a] quinoline derivatives as potent anticonvulsants. Journal of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences, 10, 254–262.Google Scholar
- Roopan, S. M., & Khan, F. R. N. (2009). Synthesis, antioxidant, hemolytic and cytotoxicity activity of AB ring cores of mappicine. ARKIVOC, xiii, 161–169.Google Scholar
- Roopan, S. M., & Khan, F. N. (2008). Free radical scavenging activity of nitrogen heterocyclics-quinazolinones & tetrahydrocarbazolones. Indian Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry, 18, 183–184.Google Scholar
- Roopan, S. M., Reddy, B. R., Kumar, A. S., & Khan, F. N. (2009b). Synthesis of 3-substituted isocoumarins using montmorillonite K-10. Indian Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry, 19, 81–82.Google Scholar