On the tautomerism of 1-phenyl-3-substituted-pyrazol-5-ones and their photoinduced products — experimental and theoretical UV spectral analysis
- 69 Downloads
A detailed experimental and theoretical UV-spectral analysis of the tautomeric forms of 3-methyl-1-phenyl pyrazol-5-one and 1,3-diphenyl pyrazol-5-one as well as of the UV-irradiated photoinduced products of the latter compound were carried out. The experimental UV-spectra were compared with the theoretical ones obtained by CIS/6-31G**. Selected geometrical parameters of the different tautomers were estimated by ab initio calculations using the RHF/6-31G** level of theory and basis set, which have also been discussed with a view to the corresponding UV-results.
Keywordspyrazol-5-ones tautomerism UV-spectra theoretical analysis photoisomerization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Abraham, R. J., & Bretschneider, E. (1974). Medium effects on rotational and conformational equilibrium. In W. J. Orville-Thomas (Ed.), Internal rotation in molecules (Chap. 13.3). New York: Wiley-Interscience.Google Scholar
- Ban-Oganowska, H. (1999). Electronic spectra and structure of 2,6-dimethyl-3-halo-4-nitropyridine N-oxides. Chemical Papers, 53, 69–74.Google Scholar
- DALTON (2005). A molecular electronic structure program, Release 2.0. Retrieved from http://www.kjemi.uio.no/software/dalton/dalton.html.
- Elguero, J. (1984). Comprehensive heterocyclic chemistry, Vol. 5 (pp. 167). Oxford: Pergamon Press.Google Scholar
- Elguero, J., Marson, C., Katritzky, A. R., & Linda, P. (1976). The tautomerism of heterocycles. In A. R. Katritzky, & A. R. Boulton (Eds.), Advances in heterocyclic chemistry, Supl. 1, Vol. 20, (pp. 313–352). New York: Academic Press.Google Scholar
- Foresman, J. B., Head-Gordon, M., Pople, J. A., & Frish, M. J. (1992). Calculation of the visible-UV absorption spectra of hydrogen sulfide, bisulfide, polysulfides, and As and Sb sulfides, in aqueous solution. Journal of Physical Chemistry, 96, 135–149. DOI: 10.1021/j100180a030.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Hehre, W. J., Radom, L., Schleyer, P. v. R., & Pople, J. A. (1986). Ab initio MO — Theory. New York: John Wiley.Google Scholar
- Jucker, E. (1965). Chemistry and pharmacology. In G. de Stevens (Ed.), Medicinal chemistry. Analgetics, Vol. 5. New York — London: Academic Press. DOIGoogle Scholar
- Katritzky, A. R. (1992). Chemistry of heterocyclic compounds. Oxford: Pergamon Press.Google Scholar
- Lang, L., Jia, D. Z., Ji, Y. L., & Yu, K. B. (2005). Photochromism in solid state and acidichromism in solution of 1-phenyl-3-methyl-4-(4′-methylbenzal)-pyrazolone-5-thiosemicarbazone. Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A: Chemistry, 171, 243–249. DOI: 10.1016/j.jphotochem.2004.10.011.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Marchetti, F., Pettinari, C., Cingolani, A., Pettinari, R., Rossi, M., & Caruso, F. (2002). Organotin (IV) derivatives of novel β-diketones: Part V. Synthesis and characterization of di-and triorganotin (IV) derivatives of 4-acyl-5-pyrazolones modified in position 3 of the pyrazole. Crystal structure of 1,3-diphenyl-4-benzoyl-pyrazolon-5-ato) triphenyltin(IV). Journal of Organometalic Chemistry, 645, 134–145. DOI: 10.1016/S0022-328X(01)01333-X.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Petkov, I. K., Sertova, N., Terzieva, A., & Ivanova, M. (1995). UV-and IR-study of gama and fast electron beam initiated prototropic and metallotropic tautomerization of some β-dicarbonyl compounds and their Cu chelates in solution and polymer (PVC) film. Radiation Physics and Chemistry, 45, 121–130. DOI: 10.1016/0969-806X(93)E0011-S.CrossRefGoogle Scholar