Safety of Oral Ibandronate in the Treatment of Bone Metastases from Breast Cancer
- 36 Downloads
KeywordsBone Metastasis Zoledronic Acid Ibandronate Extension Phase Oral Bisphosphonates
The clinical trial and data analysis were conducted by Roche. The authors would like to thank Thomson Gardiner-Caldwell US for their editorial support.
Dr Tripathy has acted as a paid consultant for and has received honoraria and clinical research funding from Roche. Drs McLachlan, Cameron and Murray have acted as consultants for Roche.
- 2.Body JJ, editor. Tumor bone disease and osteoporosis in cancer patients. New York: Marcel Dekker, 2000Google Scholar
- 7.Novartis Pharma. Zometa® (zoledronic acid). Prescribing informationGoogle Scholar
- 8.Novartis Pharma. Aredia® (pamidronate). Prescribing informationGoogle Scholar
- 17.Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program, Common Toxicity Criteria Version 2.0, DCTD, NCI, NIH, DHHS [online]. 1999 Apr 30 Available from URL: http://ctep.cancer.gov/reporting/CTC-3test.html
- 20.Body JJ, Diel I, Tripathy D, et al. Impact of ibandronic acid on bone pain in patients with metastatic bone disease from breast cancer [abstract no. A-34]. Support Care Cancer 2003; 11: 395–6Google Scholar
- 21.Tripathy D, Pecherstorfer M, Bartl R, et al. Reduction in risk of skeletal events with ibandronic acid in the treatment of metastatic breast cancer [abstract no. A-152]. Support Care Cancer 2003; 11: 427Google Scholar
- 23.De Cock E, Hutton J, Canney P, et al. Cost-effectiveness of oral ibandronic acid versus i.v. zoledronic acid and i.v. pamidronate in the treatment of metastatic bone disease in breast cancer [abstract no. 189P]. Ann Oncol 2004; 15Suppl. 3: iii50Google Scholar
- 24.Wardley A, Davidson N, Barrett-Lee P, et al. Zoledronic acid significantly improves pain scores and quality of life in breast cancer patients with bone metastases: a randomised, crossover study of community vs hospital bisphosphonate administration. Br J Cancer 2005; 92: 1869–76PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 29.Green JR. Antitumor effects of bisphosphonates. Cancer Suppl 2003; 97: 840–7Google Scholar