The Australian Guidelines for Subsidisation of Pharmaceuticals
The Road to Cost-Effective Drug Prescribing?
- 8 Downloads
KeywordsEconomic Evaluation Indirect Cost Contingent Valuation Pharmaceutical Benefit Scheme Pharmaceutical Benefit Advisory Committee
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Buchanan JM. Cost and choice: an inquiry in economic theory. Markham Publishing Company, Chicago, 1969Google Scholar
- Commonwealth of Australia. Draft guidelines for the pharmaceutical industry on preparation of submissions to the pharmaceutical benefits committee, including submissions involving economic analyses. Department of Health, Housing and Community Services, Canberra, 1990Google Scholar
- Cummings RG, Brookshire DS, Schulze WD. Valuing environmental goods. Rowman & Allanheld, New Jersey, 1986Google Scholar
- Drummond MF. Australian guidelines for cost-effectiveness analysis of pharmaceuticals: the thin end of the boomerang? University of York, Centre for Health Economics. Discussion Paper 88, 1991Google Scholar
- Drummond MF, Stoddart GL, Torrance GW. Methods for the economic evaluation of health care programmes. Oxford Medical Publications, Oxford, 1987Google Scholar
- Evans D, Freund D, Dittus R, Robertson J, Henry D. The use of economic analysis as a basis for inclusion of pharmaceutical products on the pharmaceutical benefits scheme. Department of Health, Housing and Community Services, Commonwealth of Australia, Canberra, 1990Google Scholar
- Johannesson M. Buchanan’s opportunity cost concept. the contingent valuation method and cost-benefit analysis. Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines 2: 123–133, 1991Google Scholar
- Johannesson M, Fagerberg B. A health economic comparison of diet and drug treatment in obese men with mild hypertension. Journal of Hypertension, in press, 1992Google Scholar
- Mishan EJ. Cost-benefit analysis, 2nd ed., Praeger, New York. 1976Google Scholar
- Mitchell RC, Carson RT. Using surveys to value public goods. Resources for the Future, Washington, D.C., 1989Google Scholar
- Russel L. Is prevention beller than cure? Brookings Institution, Washington, D.C., 1986Google Scholar
- Schelling TC. The life you save may be your own. In Chase SB (Ed.) Problems in public expenditure analysis. Brookings Institution, Washington, D.C., 1968Google Scholar
- Weisbrod B. Economics of public health. University of Pennsylvania Press, 1961Google Scholar
© Adis International Limited 1992