Various Administration Forms of Nitrates and Their Possibilities
- 14 Downloads
This article reviews the development and pharmacokinetics of a number of new dosage formulations (e.g. transdermal patches and buccal tablets) and new active substances (e.g. isosorbide 5-mononitrate) which have recently been introduced to overcome some of the problems inherent in conventional formulations of organic nitrates.
KeywordsDosage Form Organic Nitrate Administration Form Buccal Tablet Imdur
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bogentoft C, Sjögren J. Controlled release from dosage forms. In Breimer (Ed.) Towards better safety of drugs and pharmaceutical products, pp. 229–246, Elsevier/North-Holland Biomedical Press, Amsterdam, 1980Google Scholar
- Erb R, Stoltman W. Evaluation of two nitroglycerin dosage forms. A metered spray and a soft gelatin capsule. Journal of Pharmacokinetics and Biopharmaceutics 6: 611–621, 1983Google Scholar
- Gatlin KA. Comparative patient preference for 2 transdermal nitroglycerin patches. Current Therapeutic Research 38: 733–737, 1985Google Scholar
- Knoch A, Merkle HP. Theorie und Praxis transdermaler Freigabesysteme. Acta Pharmaceutica Technologica 31: 197–209, 1985Google Scholar
- McAllister A, Mosberg H, Settlage JA, Steiner JA. Plasma levels of nitroglycerin generated by three nitroglycerin patch preparations, Nitradisc, Transiderm-Nitro and Nitro-Dur and one ointment formulation, Nitrobid. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 21: 365–369, 1986PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Parikh NH, Babar A, Plakogiannis FM. Transdermal therapeutic systems (part 1). Pharmaceutica Acta Helvetica 59: 290–292, 1984Google Scholar
- Parikh NH, Babar A, Plakogiannis FM. Transdermal therapeutic systems (part 2). Pharmaceutica Acta Helvetica 60: 34–38, 1985Google Scholar
- Prescott LF, Nimmo WD (Eds). Rate control in drug therapy, Churchill Livingstone, Edinburgh, 1985Google Scholar
- Sjögren J. Studies on a sustained release principle based on an inert plastic matrix. Acta Pharmaceutica Suecia 8: 153–168, 1971Google Scholar
- Sjögren J. Controlled release oral formulation technology. In Prescott & Nimmo (Eds) Rate control in drug therapy, pp. 38–47, Churchill Livingstone, Edinburgh, 1985Google Scholar