Shape optimization for a time-dependent model of a carousel press in glass production
- 19 Downloads
This contribution presents the shape optimization problem of the plunger cooling cavity for the time dependent model of pressing the glass products. The system of the mould, the glass piece, the plunger and the plunger cavity is considered in four consecutive time intervals during which the plunger moves between 6 glass moulds.
The state problem is represented by the steady-state Navier-Stokes equations in the cavity and the doubly periodic energy equation in the whole system, under the assumption of rotational symmetry, supplemented by suitable boundary conditions.
The cost functional is defined as the squared weighted L2 norm of the difference between a prescribed constant and the temperature of the plunger surface layer at the moment before separation of the plunger and the glass piece.
The existence and uniqueness of the solution to the state problem and the existence of a solution to the optimization problem are proved.
Keywordsshape optimization Navier-Stokes equations heat transfer
MSC 201049Q10 76D55 93C20
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G. P. Galdi: An Introduction to the Mathematical Theory of the Navier-Stokes Equations. Vol. II: Nonlinear Steady Problems. Springer Tracts in Natural Philosophy 39, Springer, New York, 1994.Google Scholar
- I. Matoušek, J. Cibulka: Analýza tvarovacího cyklu na karuselovém lisu NOVA. Technická univerzita v Liberci, Liberec, 1999. (In Czech.)Google Scholar
- K. Rektorys: The Method of Discretization in Time and Partial Differential Equations. Mathematics and Its Applications 4, D. Reidel Publishing Company, Dordrecht, 1982.Google Scholar
- T. Roubíček: Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations with Applications. ISNM. International Series of Numerical Mathematics 153, Birkhäuser, Basel, 2013.Google Scholar
- R. Temam: Navier-Stokes Equations. Theory and Numerical Analysis. Studies in Mathematics and Its Applications 2, North-Holland Publishing Company, Amsterdam, 1977.Google Scholar