Direct adaptive regulation of unknownnonlinear systems with analysis of themodel order problem
- 51 Downloads
A new method for the direct adaptive regulation of unknown nonlinear dynamical systems is proposed in this paper, paying special attention to the analysis of the model order problem. The method uses a neurofuzzy (NF) modeling of the unknown system, which combines fuzzy systems (FSs) with high order neural networks (HONNs). We propose the approximation of the unknown system by a special form of an NF-dynamical system (NFDS), which, however, may assume a smaller number of states than the original unknown model. The omission of states, referred to as a model order problem, is modeled by introducing a disturbance term in the approximating equations. The development is combined with a sensitivity analysis of the closed loop and provides a comprehensive and rigorous analysis of the stability properties. An adaptive modification method, termed ‘parameter hopping’, is incorporated into the weight estimation algorithm so that the existence and boundedness of the control signal are always assured. The applicability and potency of the method are tested by simulations on well known benchmarks such as ‘DC motor’ and ‘Lorenz system’, where it is shown that it performs quite well under a reduced model order assumption. Moreover, the proposed NF approach is shown to outperform simple recurrent high order neural networks (RHONNs).
Key wordsNeuro-fuzzy systems Direct adaptive regulation Model order problems Parameter hopping
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Christodoulou, M.A., Theodoridis, D.C., Boutalis, Y.S., 2007. Building Optimal Fuzzy Dynamical Systems Description Based on Recurrent Neural Network Approximation. Conf. of Networked Distributed Systems for Intelligent Sensing and Control, p.82–93.Google Scholar
- Ioannou, P., Fidan, B., 2006. Adaptive Control Tutorial. SIAM.Google Scholar
- Michel, A.N., Miller, R.K., 1977. Qualitative Analysis of Large Scale Dynamic Systems. Academic Press, New York.Google Scholar
- Passino, K.M., Yurkovich, S., 1998. Fuzzy Control. Addison-Wesley, Menlo Park, CA.Google Scholar
- Rovithakis, G.A., Christodoulou, M.A., 2000. Adaptive Control with Recurrent High Order Neural Networks (Theory and Industrial Applications). In: Grimble, M. (Ed.), Advances in Industrial Control. Springer Verlag London Limited.Google Scholar
- Theodoridis, D.C., Boutalis, Y.S., Christodoulou, M.A., 2009b. A New Neuro-Fuzzy Dynamical System Definition Based on High Order Neural Network Function Approximators. European Control Conf., p.3305–3310.Google Scholar
- Wang, L., 1994. Adaptive Fuzzy Systems and Control: Design and Stability Analysis. Prentice Hall, NJ.Google Scholar