Model predictive control with an on-line identification model of a supply chain unit
- 78 Downloads
A model predictive controller was designed in this study for a single supply chain unit. A demand model was described using an autoregressive integrated moving average (ARIMA) model, one that is identified on-line to forecast the future demand. Feedback was used to modify the demand prediction, and profit was chosen as the control objective. To imitate reality, the purchase price was assumed to be a piecewise linear form, whereby the control objective became a nonlinear problem. In addition, a genetic algorithm was introduced to solve the problem. Constraints were put on the predictive inventory to control the inventory fluctuation, that is, the bullwhip effect was controllable. The model predictive control (MPC) method was compared with the order-up-to-level (OUL) method in simulations. The results revealed that using the MPC method can result in more profit and make the bullwhip effect controllable.
Key wordsSupply chain Model predictive control On-line identification Optimization with constraint Piecewise linear price
CLC numberTP29 C939
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Box, G.E.P., Jenkins, G.M., Reinsel, G.C., 1978. Time Series Analysis: Forecasting and Control. John Wiley, San Francisco, USA.Google Scholar
- Camacho, E.F., Bordons, C., 1995. Model Predictive Control in the Process Industry. Springer-Verlag, London, UK.Google Scholar
- Han, K., Zhao, J., Zhu, Y., Xu, Z., Qian, J., 2008. MPC with on-line disturbance model estimation and its application to PTA solvent dehydration tower. J. Chem. Ind. Eng., 59(7):1657–1664 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Maciejowski, J.M., 2002. Predictive Control with Constraints. Person Education Limited, Edinburgh Gate, UK.Google Scholar
- Niu, Y., Qian, X., Ren, J., 2007. Application of ARIMA model in semiconductor demand forecasting. Semicond. Technol., 32(5):391–393 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Ohshima, M., Ohno, H., Hashimoto, L., Sasajima, M., Maejima, M., Tsuto, K., Ogawa, T., 1995. Model predictive control with adaptive disturbance prediction and its application to fatty acid distillation column control. J. Process Control, 5(1):41–48. [doi:10.1016/0959-1524(95)95944-9]CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Qian, J., Zhao, J., Xu, Z., 2007. Predictive Control. Chemical Industry Press, Beijing, China (in Chinese).Google Scholar