Allelic frequency distributions of 21 non-combined DNA index system STR loci in a Russian ethnic minority group from Inner Mongolia, China
- 98 Downloads
We studied the allelic frequency distributions and statistical forensic parameters of 21 new short tandem repeat (STR) loci and the amelogenin locus, which are not included in the combined DNA index system (CODIS), in a Russian ethnic minority group from the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China. A total of 114 bloodstain samples from unrelated individuals were extracted and co-amplified with four fluorescence-labeled primers in a multiplex polymerase chain reaction (PCR) system. Using capillary electrophoresis, the PCR products of the 21 STR loci were separated and genotyped. A total of 161 alleles were observed in the Russian ethnic minority group, and corresponding allelic frequencies ranged from 0.0044 to 0.5965. The 21 non-CODIS STR loci of the Russian ethnic minority group were characterized by high genetic diversity and therefore may be useful for elucidating the population’s genetic background, for individual identification, and for paternity testing in forensic practice.
Key wordsShort tandem repeat (STR) Russian population Genetic polymorphisms
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bär, W., Brinkmann, B., Budowle, B., Carracedo, A., Gill, P., Lincoln, P., Mayr, W., Olaisen, B., 1997. DNA recommendations. Further report of the DNA commission of the ISFH regarding the use of short tandem repeat systems. Int. J. Legal Med., 110(4):175–176. [doi:10.1007/s004140050061]PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- El Ossmani, H., Bouchrif, B., Talbi, J., El Amri, H., Chafik, A., 2007. Gene diversity of 15 STR among the Arab speaking population of Rabat-Salé-Zemmour-Zaer. Antropo, 15:55–62 (in French).Google Scholar
- Guo, J.Z., Lu, Z.Y., Yu, L.J., Liu, F., Zhang, Q.X., Jiao, Z.P., Liu, Y.C., 2010. Polymorphism analysis and evaluation of 21 non CODIS STR loci in the Beijing Han population. Forensic Sci. Technol., 6:13–16 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Lu, S.H., Zheng, L.B., So, L.Y., Zhao, Z., 2005. A study of the physical characteristics of the Russ nationality. Acta Anthropol. Sin., 24(4):291–300.Google Scholar
- Lu, S.H., Zheng, L.B., So, L.Y., Zhao, Z., 2006. A comparison of physical characteristics of Chinese Russ with that of five groups. J. Inn. Mong. Norm. Univ. Nat. Sci., 35(1): 99–102 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Shen, C.M., Wang, H.D., Liu, W.J., Fan, S.L., Yang, G., Qin, H.X., Xie, T., Li, S.B., Yan, J.W., Zhu, B.F., 2012. Allelic diversity distributions of 21 autosomal short tandem repeat loci in a Chinese Bai ethnic group. Legal Med., 15(2): 109–113. [doi:10.1016/j.legalmed.2012.08.012]PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Zhu, B.F., Yang, G., Shen, C.M., Qin, H.X., Fan, S.L., Deng, L.B., Chen, F., Chen, L.P., Wang, H.D., Wang, Z.Y., et al., 2010. Population genetic analysis of 15 autosomal STR loci in the Russian population of northeastern Inner-Mongolia, China. Mol. Biol. Rep., 37(8):3889–3895. [doi:10.1007/s11033-010-0045-y]PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Zhu, B.F., Shen, C.M., Wang, H.D., Yang, G., Yan, J.W., Qin, H.X., Guo, J.X., Huang, J.F., Jing, H., Liu, X.S., 2011. Genetic diversities of 21 non-CODIS autosomal STRs of a Chinese Tibetan ethnic minority group in Lhasa. Int. J. Legal Med., 125(4):581–585. [doi:10.1007/s00414-010-0519-4]PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar