Personal continuous route pattern mining
- 94 Downloads
In the daily life, people often repeat regular routes in certain periods. In this paper, a mining system is developed to find the continuous route patterns of personal past trips. In order to count the diversity of personal moving status, the mining system employs the adaptive GPS data recording and five data filters to guarantee the clean trips data. The mining system uses a client/server architecture to protect personal privacy and to reduce the computational load. The server conducts the main mining procedure but with insufficient information to recover real personal routes. In order to improve the scalability of sequential pattern mining, a novel pattern mining algorithm, continuous route pattern mining (CRPM), is proposed. This algorithm can tolerate the different disturbances in real routes and extract the frequent patterns. Experimental results based on nine persons’ trips show that CRPM can extract more than two times longer route patterns than the traditional route pattern mining algorithms.
Key wordsData mining Route pattern GPS Mobile phone
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Abul, O., Atzori, M., Bonchi, F., Giannotti, F., 2007. Hiding Sensitive Trajectory Patterns. Seventh IEEE Int. Conf. on Data Mining Workshops, p.693–698. [doi:10.1109/ICDMW.2007.93]Google Scholar
- Abul, O., Bonchi, F., Nanni, M., 2008. Never Walk Alone: Uncertainty for Anonymity in Moving Objects Databases. Proc. Int. Conf. on Data Engineering, p.376–385. [doi:10.1109/ICDE.2008.4497446]Google Scholar
- Cao, H.P., Mamoulis, N., Cheung, W.D., 2005. Mining Frequent Spatio-Temporal Sequential Patterns. Proc. Int. Conf. on Data Mining, p.82–89. [doi:10.1109/ICDM.2005.95]Google Scholar
- Deguchi, Y., Kuroda, K., Shoji, M., 2003. HEV charge/discharge control system based on navigation information. Proc. JSAE Ann. Congr., 29(3):1–4.Google Scholar
- Froehlich, J., Krumm, J., 2008. Route Prediction from Trip Observations. Proc. Intelligent Vehicle Initiative (IVI) Technology Advanced Controls and Navigation System. SAE World Congress & Exhibition.Google Scholar
- Giannotti, F., Nanni, M., Pedreschi, D., 2006. Efficient Mining of Temporally Annotated Sequences. Proc. SIAM Int. Conf. on Data Mining, p.346–357.Google Scholar
- Giannotti, F., Nanni, M., Pedreschi, D., Pinelli, F., 2007. Trajectory Pattern Mining. Proc. Int. Conf. on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, p.330–339. [doi:10.1145/1281192.1281230]Google Scholar
- Laasonen, K., 2005. Clustering and Prediction of Mobile User Routes from Cellular Data. Proc. European Conf. on Principles of Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, p.569–576.Google Scholar
- Pei, J., Han, J., Mortazaviasl, B., Pinto, H., Chen, Q., Dayal, U., Hsu, M., 2001. PrefixSpan: Mining Sequential Patterns by Prefix-Projected Growth. Proc. Int. Conf. on Data Engineering, p.215–224.Google Scholar
- Simmons, R., Browning, B., Zhang, Y., Sadekar, V., 2006. Learning to Predict Driver Route and Destination Intent. IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Conf., p.127–132. [doi:10.1109/ITSC.2006.1706730]Google Scholar