Dynamic modeling and nonlinear control strategy for an underactuated quad rotor rotorcraft
- 597 Downloads
In this paper, a nonlinear dynamic MIMO model of a 6-DOF underactuated quad rotor rotorcraft is derived based on Newton-Euler formalism. The derivation comprises determining equations of motion of the quad rotor in three dimensions and seeking to approximate the actuation forces through modeling of the aerodynamic coefficients and electric motor dynamics. The derived model is dynamically unstable, so a sequential nonlinear control strategy is implemented for the quad rotor. The control strategy includes exact feedback linearization technique, using the geometric methods of nonlinear control. The performance of the nonlinear control algorithm is evaluated using simulation and the results show the effectiveness of the proposed control strategy for the quad rotor rotorcraft near quasi-stationary flight.
Key wordsQuad rotor rotorcraft MIMO model Underactuated systems
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Castillo, P., Lozano, R., Dzul, A.E., 2005. Modeling and Control of Mini-flying Machines. Springer-Verlag, New York, p.23–59.Google Scholar
- Koo, T.J., Ma, Y., Sastry, S., 1998. Nonlinear Control of a Helicopter Based Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Model. Proc. 37th IEEE Conf. on Decision and Control, p.1–25.Google Scholar
- Lu, Q., Sun, Y.Z., Mei, S.W., 2001. Nonlinear Control Systems and Power System Dynamics. Kluwer Academic Publishers, p.25–53.Google Scholar
- McKerrow, P., 2004. Modelling the Draganflyer Four-Rotor Helicopter. Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, 4:3596–3601.Google Scholar
- Pounds, P., Mahony, R., Hynes, P., Roberts, J., 2002. Design of a Four-Rotor Aerial Robot. Proc. Australian Conf. on Robotics and Automation, p.145–150.Google Scholar
- Prouty, R.W., 1995. Helicopter Performance, Stability and Control. Krieger Publishing Company, Florida, p.443–639.Google Scholar
- Tayebi, A., McGilvray, S., 2004. Attitude Stabilization of a Four-Rotor Aerial Robot. Proc. 43rd IEEE Conf. on Decision and Control, 2:1216–1221.Google Scholar
- Wu, X.F., Ignatov, R., Muenset, G., Imaev, A., Zhu, J.J., 2002. A Nonlinear Flight Controller Design of a UFO by Trajectory Linearization Method. Part I—Modeling. Proc. IEEE 34th Southeastern Symp. on System Theory, p.97–102.Google Scholar