Optimal state feedback control of brushless direct-current motor drive systems based on Lyapunov stability criterion
- 100 Downloads
This paper develops a unified methodology for a real-time speed control of brushless direct-current motor drive systems in the presence of measurement noise and load torque disturbance. First, the mathematical model and hardware structure of system is established. Next, an optimal state feed back controller using the Kalman filter state estimation technique is derived. This is followed by an adaptive control algorithm to compensate for the effects of noise and disturbance. Those two algorithms working together can provide a very-high-speed regulation and dynamic response over a wide range of operating conditions. Simulated responses are presented to highlight the effectiveness of the proposed control strategy.
Key wordsBrushless DC motor Adaptive control Optimal state feedback
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Desai, P.C., 2004. Novel Digital Control of Brushless DC Motor. Master Thesis, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL.Google Scholar
- Desai, P.C., Emadi, A., 2005. A Novel Digital Control Technique for Brushless DC Motor Drives: Current Control. IEEE Int. Conf. on Electric Machines and Drives. San Antonio, TX, p.326–331.Google Scholar
- Dorrell, D.G., Staton, D.A., McGilp, M.I., 2006. Design of Brushless Permanent Magnet Motors—A Combined Electromagnetic and Thermal Approach to High Performance Specification. Proc. 32nd Annual Conf. on IEEE Industrial Electronics. Paris, p.4758–4763.Google Scholar
- Kwo, B.C., 1992. Digital Control Systems (2nd Ed.), Saunders College Publishing, London.Google Scholar
- Li, K.P., Hu, Q.S., Huang, Y.K., 2004. The circuit model of the permanent-magnet brushless DC motor allowing for its windings inductance and its analysis. Proc. CSEE, 24(1):76–80 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Rodriguez, F., Emadi, A., 2006. Novel Digital Control Technique for Brushless DC Motor Drives: Steady State and Dynamics. Proc. 32nd Annual Conf. on IEEE Industrial Electronics. Paris, p.4203–4208.Google Scholar
- Sangha, P.S., Coles, J.R., 1995. Design and Analysis of Brushless DC Machines. Proc. 7th Int. Conf. on Electrical Machines and Drives. Durham, p.400–404.Google Scholar
- Wang, J., Tao, G.L., Zhou, L.B., Ding, Y.Q., 2005. Research on the mechanical characteristie of brushless DC motor based on the analysis of phase commutation. Proc. CSEE, 25(14):141–145 (in Chinese).Google Scholar