Investigation on the automatic parameters extraction of pulse signals based on wavelet transform
This paper analyses a key problem in the quantification of pulse diagnosis. Due to the subjectivity and fuzziness of pulse diagnosis, quantitative methods are needed. To extract the parameters of pulse signals, the prerequisite is to detect the corners of pulse signals correctly. Up to now, the pulse parameters are mostly acquired by marking the pulse corners manually, which is an obstacle to modernize pulse diagnosis. Therefore, a new automatic parameters extraction approach for pulse signals using wavelet transform is presented. The results testified that the method we proposed is feasible and effective and can detect corners of pulse signals accurately, which can be expected to facilitate the modernization of pulse diagnosis.
Key wordsPulse signal Feature extraction Complex wavelet transform Quantitative diagnosis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Fei, Z.F., 2003. Contemporary Sphygmology in Traditional Chinese Medicine. People’s Medical Publishing House, Beijing, p.58–73 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Lee, H.L., Suzuki, S., Adachi, Y., Umeno, M., Shan, K., 1993. Fuzzy Theory in Traditional Chinese Pulse Diagnosis. Proc. Int. Joint Conf. on Neural Networks. Nagoya, Japan, 10:774–778.Google Scholar
- Quddus, A., Fahmy, M.M., 1999. An Improved Wavelet-based Corner Detection Technique. Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, 6:3213–3216.Google Scholar
- Sun, L.U., Tang, Y.Y., You, X.G., 2004. Corner Detection for Object Recognition by Using Wavelet Transform. Proc. 3rd Int. Conf. on Machine Learning and Cybernetics. Shanghai, p.26–29.Google Scholar
- Wang, H.Y., Cheng, Y.Y., 2005. A Quantitative Model for Pulse Diagnosis in Traditional Chinese Medicine. 27th Annual Int. Conf. of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Shanghai, China, p.5676–5679.Google Scholar
- Xu, L.S., Zhang, D., Wang, K.Q., Wang, L., 2006. Arrhythmic pulses detection using Lempel-Ziv complexity analysis. EURASIP J. Appl. Signal Processing, p.1–12. [doi:10.1155/ASP/2006/18268]Google Scholar
- Yoon, Y.Z., Lee, M.H., Soh, K.S., 2000. Pulse type classification by varying contact pressure. IEEE Eng. Med. Biol. Mag., 19:106–110. [doi:10.1109/51.887253]Google Scholar