Influence of the ambient air temperature on the electrical contact reliability of electromagnetic relay
The dynamic contact resistances of HH52P electromagnetic relays are measured under different ambient air temperature. Their diagnostic parameters are extracted and determined. It is found that the ambient air temperature obviously influences some parameters. In order to research its influence on the electrical contact reliability of electromagnetic relay, the statistic analysis is applied to study the static contact resistance, the max of the dynamic contact resistance and the bounce time. It is found that the ambient air temperature regularly influences the three parameters. Thoroughly, the phenomenon is studied and analyzed in the point of material science so as to probe into the essential matter of it.
Key wordsAmbient air temperature Electromagnetic relay Electrical contact reliability Contact resistance Bounce time
CLC numberTB114.3 O224 O211.6
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cheng, L.C., 1998. Electrical Contact Theory and its Application. Mechanical Industry Publish House, Beijing (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Hamilton, J.D., 1995. Time Series Analysis. Princeton University Press.Google Scholar
- Li, W.H., Liu, G.J., Li, Z.G., 2000. Study and Reliability Analysis on Testing Instrument for Dynamic Contact Resistance on Contact. Proc. Amer. IEEE HOLM Conf., p.109–114.Google Scholar
- Lu, J.G., Wang, J.Q., 2004. The Reliability Theory and Application of Low-voltage Protective Apparatus. Mechanical Industry Publish House, Beijing (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Ma, Z.H., 2002. Effect of several metal element on silver matrix contact materials. Material Introduction, 16(11):23–25.Google Scholar